A roundup of Laura and Shanna’s weekly BFPs (Big Fat Positives), from their favorite maternity wedge to the best baby sunglasses — and everything in between!
Ep. 109: Is My Toddler Getting Enough Exercise?
August 3, 2020
- Cetaphil Baby Gentle Wash with Organic Calendula Shanna has been using this to help her toddler's eczema and it's been working great!
Ep. 108: When Setting Toddler Limits Feels Limitless
July 27, 2020
- Dyson Airwrap Hair Curler Laura would buy this if she won the lottery, but otherwise she can't really justify a $500 hair curler.
- Fisher-Price Pink Princess Stepstool Potty Shanna got this for CC and it plays music when they go potty!
- Oh Crap! Potty Training Shanna's pick for a potty-training manual.
Ep. 107: The Struggles and Snuggles of Toddler Separation Anxiety
July 20, 2020
- Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
- Elephant & Piggie: The Complete Collection By Mo Willems.
- The Pigeon Books 7-Book Set By Mo Willems.
- Sposie Overnight Diaper Booster Pads Laura uses these to help keep her toddler free of leaks overnight. They come in sizes from newborn to 5T.
- Scunci Girl No Damage Polyband Elastics These are great little hair elastics for tiny toddler pigtails
Ep. 106: Why Is My Toddler Screaming?
July 13, 2020
- Dreamtown Kids Toddler Pillow Shanna loves this pillow for 18+ months, and CC loves it, too!
Bonus: How to Stay Calm in the Chaos of COVID-19
July 9, 2020
- UTEX Astronaut Tunnel and Tent Really cute and fun play tent and tunnel system that collapses down for easy storage
Ep. 104: Does Birth Order Influence Personality?
June 29, 2020
- The Snowy Day The #1 most-checked-out book from the New York Public Library.
- The Cat in the Hat
- Where the Wild Things Are
Ep. 103: Our Mom Instincts Saved Lives
June 22, 2020
- Jon Klassen Hat Box Three really strange and adorable books for kids about animals and their hats.
- Crayola Bathtub Paint Brush Pens This kept Shanna's 4-year-old and toddler busy for HOURS
- Boo-Boo Bunny A cute way to help your kids ouchies!
Ep. 102: Tips for Toddler Mealtime
June 15, 2020
- Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family: How to Eat, How to Raise Good Eaters, How to Cook Book by Ellyn Satter
Ep. 101: Our Deep, Dark Mom Secrets
June 8, 2020
- Boiron Calendula Cream CC's doctor recommended this for her eczema.
- All Free & Clear Laundry Detergent Laundry detergent recommended by the National Eczema Association.
- VAVA Rechargeable Baby Night Light Laura swears by this little touch-activated nightlight for middle-of-the-night diaper changes and check-ins.
- Caspar Babypants Great children's musician that's pleasant to listen to! (links to Amazon page of albums)
- Johnny Bregar Shanna loves this children's musician as well.
- tombik Toddler Boys & Girls Beach/Pool Slides Adorable rainbow sandals that don't irriatate CC's feet.
Ep. 100: Dads Tell All!
May 31, 2020
- Elevating Child Care: A Guide To Respectful Parenting A great introduction to RIE parenting.
- Understanding Your Baby Fantastic book from our friend Ayelet Marinovich that provides a week-by-week guide to your infant's development and fun activity ideas!
- Happiest Baby "5 S's" Video The best way to learn how to soothe your newborn, and you can watch it on Prime Video!
- The Happiest Baby on the Block book by Harvey Karp, inventor of the Snoo
- Water Baby Water Sprinkler Pad for Kids Not water-wise, but very fun!
Ep. 99: First Trimester Flashbacks
May 25, 2020
- TOMY Toomies Squeak Toy, Hide & Squeak Eggs Shanna loves this fun toy for her toddler.
Ep. 98: Toddlers Are More Than Their Tantrums
May 18, 2020
- Joovy Tricycoo Shanna loves this push tricycle that transitions and grows with your toddler!
- Guidecraft Classic Kitchen Helper Also known as a Learning Tower, this is helping Laura's toddler get more involved with heping out in the kitchen!
Ep. 97: Laura’s Baby Said What!?
May 11, 2020
- Regalo 192-Inch Super Wide Adjustable Baby Gate and Play Yard Laura uses this extra-long baby gate to make a safe space in her open-concept home
- Step2 Play Up Jungle Gym and Kids Swing Set Shanna loves this backyard play set for her kids!
Ep. 96: Dealing with Big Toddler Emotions
May 4, 2020
- Little Blue Truck One of Shanna's favorite board books.
- Potty by Leslie Patricelli Cute book about potty training.
Ep. 95: In the Yuck Zone
April 27, 2020
- The Sleepeasy Solution Shanna's favorite baby sleep book!
- Baby Loves board book Very cute book that Laura's toddler really enjoys
- The Pout-Pout Fish A huge hit in both households, The Pout-Pout Fish is a fun book that ends in kisses!
- Hooray For Hat! Adorable book that lets you practice all your funny animal voices.
Ep. 94: Talking Toddlers and Speedy Sperm
April 20, 2020
- ezpz Tiny Cup Great cup for little hands to practice open-cup skills!
- Munchkin Toddler Fork and Spoon Good choice for toddlers learning utensil skills.
Bonus: Your Coronavirus Quarantine Stories
April 10, 2020
- No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame by Janet Lansbury, this is Shanna's favorite book about toddler discipline.
Ep. 92: Toddler Tantrums and Ninja-Like Mom Moves
April 6, 2020
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Giddy Buggy Broom Great toy if your child is obsessed with your broom, like Laura's is.
Ep. 91: Dropping Naps and Picking Up Babies
March 30, 2020
- Go to Sleep (I Miss You) Cartoons from the Fog of New Parenthood by Lucy Knisley.
- Kid Gloves: Nine Months of Careful Chaos Great graphic novel about pregnancy by Lucy Knisley.
- ezpz Happy Bowl Great mat with built-in bowl that truly suctions to your table.
Ep. 90: Toddlers on the Run
March 23, 2020
- No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame Shanna's favorite book on toddler discipline, with no time-outs or spanking.
- Rhoost Finger Guard Clever doorstop that you put up high, out of reach from little hands, and also prevents pinched fingers.
Bonus: Momming During Coronavirus
March 14, 2020
- 1-2-3 Magic: 3-Step Discipline for Calm, Effective, and Happy Parenting Shanna loves this book for ideas on how to discipline her kids.
- Raising Lions Book about compassionate discipline for kids that Shanna's trying out with her older daughter.
Ep. 88: Why Is My Toddler Suddenly a Picky Eater?
March 9, 2020
- Little Tykes First Slide Shanna's toddler loves this indoor/outdoor slide!
- Little Tykes Rocking Horse Cute little rocking horse for your toddler!
Ep. 86: Weaning From Boobs, Bottles and Baby-Tracking Apps
February 24, 2020
- WeeSprout Double Zipper Reusable Food Pouches The best way to get yogurt into your toddler without a major mess!
- Siggi's No-Sugar-Added Yogurt The only flavored, full-fat yogurt Laura could find without added sugar.
Ep. 85: What Do Babies Dream About?
February 17, 2020
- ezpz tiny cup and happy mat Fantastic line of baby/toddler mealtime stuff!
Ep. 84: Pumping the Brakes on Pumping Breastmilk
February 10, 2020
- Tiny Bites Food Shears Perfect for cutting up food for little mouths on the go.
- Munchkin Snack Catcher Great for keeping toddlers entertained while snacking!
Ep. 83: Beer, Poop, Showers, Murder
February 3, 2020
- Pampers Pull On Cruisers 360˚ Fit "The yoga pants of diapers" according to Pampers, these are convenient because they pull on. Laura loves them because her baby refuses to stay on his back for diaper changes anymore!
- Balloon Arch Tape This stuff is genius and makes creating a balloon arch or garland super easy!
- Food-grade silicone drink coasters Laura got these because her baby insisted on playing with coasters.
- Electric Fly Swatter For all your insect-murdering needs.
Ep. 82: Let’s Get Medical: Baby X-Rays, Flu Tests and Swallowing Foreign Objects
January 27, 2020
- VTech Roll & Surprise Animal Train Laura's baby loves this toy train where animals pop up and make noises.
- Hola Ukelele This is the uke Laura's baby LOVED as a Christmas present.
- Baby Leg Warmers Shanna loves these to help bridge the gap between pant sizes and help keep her toddler's legs warm while not compromising foot traction!
Ep. 80: First Birthday Parties, Convertible Car Seats and… Parenting Topless??
January 13, 2020
- ChooMee SoftSip Food Pouch Tops Helps keep food pouches mess-free and soft for baby teeth.
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Laura and Shanna both love this car seat for infants.
- Nuna Rava Convertible Car Seat Laura decided on this car seat after her baby outgrew the infant seat. It's super comfy and easy to install.
- Chicco NextFit Zip Convertible Car Seat Shanna got this model for her older daughter and is still using it almost 3 years later!
- Gazillion Bubbles Hurricane Machine The best bubble machine out there! The bubbles don't leave a residue and can be used indoors.
- Pura Kiki Stainless Steel Straw Cup This is the cup that Laura's baby was so excited about! It also comes with a sippy cup top.
- Floating Bath Books These are favorite bathtime pastimes in both our houses!
Ep. 79: Is Your Baby More Likely to Be a Boy or Girl?
January 6, 2020
- Clear corner covers Attach these to sharp corners for babyproofing.
Ep. 78: A Massive Mom Milestone
December 30, 2019
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert Laura's favorite novel of 2019.
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle Laura's favorite nonfiction book of 2019.
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine: A Novel Shanna's favorite read of 2019.
Bonus: More Burning Questions Answered, Part 2
December 13, 2019
- Taking Cara Babies This is Laura's nap/baby sleep guru
Ep. 74: Gimme Those Sloppy Baby Kisses
December 2, 2019
- NoseFrida Baby Nasal Aspirator The grossest life-saver ever.
Ep. 73: The Struggle Is Real: Giving Medicine to a Baby
November 25, 2019
- Fox and Finn 'Sophia' Teething Necklace Actually cute necklace for moms to wear and for babies to chew on.
- Tommee Tippee Pouch Bib Super-soft silicone bib that allows your baby to catch food for later in the meal!
Ep. 72: Your Breastfeeding Questions Answered! Interview with Jessica Claire, IBCLC
November 18, 2019
- Making More Milk: The Breastfeeding Guide to Increasing Your Milk Production Resource on increasing your milk production from our guest, lactation consultant Jessica Claire, IBCLC
Ep. 71: Blue Breastmilk and Teething Conundrums
November 11, 2019
- Munchkin Miracle 360 Trainer Cup Great cup for babies and toddlers that doesn't spill!
Ep. 70: Is It Time for a Babysitter?
November 4, 2019
- Plum Organics Baby Food Pouches So convenient for feeding your littles on to go.
- Ditalini Pasta Perfect pasta size/shape for babies starting on finger foods!
Ep. 69: I’m Not Ready for a Toddler!
October 28, 2019
- NUK Mash and Serve Cool doohickey that allows you to create chunky purees for your baby when you're transitioning to finger foods.
- Puffed Kamut Perfect rice-free alternative to baby puffs.
Ep. 67: When Do You Drop the Dream Feed?
October 14, 2019
- Jordan Step 1 Baby Toothbrush Cute little toothbrush + teether for babies!
Ep. 66: The Glitz and Sh*ts of Parenting
October 7, 2019
- Fischer Price Music Table Great for babies who are pulling up and cruising!
Ep. 65: Raising a Baby Costs How Much!?
September 30, 2019
- Hakaa Manual Breast Pump Helps catch extra milk!
- Step2 Push Around Buggy Shanna found this for her daughter and it's a big hit!
Ep. 64: A Disturbing Trip to the Grocery Store
September 23, 2019
- The Mommy Hook Large carabiner clip for your stroller and to help carry all your crap while also carrying a baby.
- The Zany Zoo Fantastic wooden toy that is great for babies learning to pull to stand.
Ep. 61: Having Other People’s Babies – Interview with Gestational Surrogate Deanna Koelsch
September 2, 2019
- Grown in Another Garden A Surrogacy Book for Young Children, as recommended by our guest, Deanna Koelsch.
- My Mom is a Surrogate A children's book recommended by our guest, Deanna Koelsch.
- Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher Shanna loves this thing to help mix a whole day's worth of formula at once, without it getting foamy!
- Moby Classic Baby Wrap Great for plane travel! This soft, fabric wrap allows you to wear your baby through security and have your hands free.
- J.L. Childress Ultimate Backpack Padded Car Seat Travel Bag This is a travel case for your car seat that fits a lot of extra stuff, like diapers and baby clothes!
Ep. 59: Mysteries of the Infant Body
August 19, 2019
- Bib-on baby apron-style bib Shanna loves this for baby mealtime - it covers so well and makes cleanup a breeze!
- ECR4Kids SoftZone Climb and Crawl Activity Play Set Shanna loves this set to help her baby gain more confidence in moving.
Ep. 58: Don’t Rag on My Mom Jeans
August 12, 2019
- Skip Hop Shopping Cart and Baby High Chair Cover So you can avoid germs when your baby is out and about!
Ep. 57: Shake, Rattle and . . . Then What?!
August 5, 2019
- Gazillion Bubbles Hurricane Machine SO MANY BUBBLES! And they don't leave a sticky residue or hurt eyes, so they're safe to use with babies and indoors!
Ep. 56: Tiny Babies, Mom Dreams and Getting Nap Trapped
July 29, 2019
- Aquaphor for Babies Shanna swears by this miracle product to prevent diaper rash, help dry skin, and basically just work like magic for her baby!
- Taking Cara Babies This is Laura's sleep guru -- she posts great articles on her blog, and her baby-sleep courses are GREAT!
Ep. 55: Laura Attempts Sleep Training
July 22, 2019
- BabyCare Reversible Play Mat (Busy Farm) Available on Amazon as well as Bed Bath & Beyond
- Original Blackout Pleated Paper Shade Laura uses these inexpensive paper shades to help black out light leaks in her nursery.
- Taking Cara Babies Online Sleep Courses These are the online video sleep classes that are helping Laura get her baby to sleep through the night!
Ep. 54: Ghosts in the Nursery?
July 15, 2019
- Trader Joe's Mixed Nut Butter Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Brazil, Hazelnuts, & Pecans all in one jar, gets a ton of allergens out of the way quickly!
Ep. 53: Mom Confessions
July 8, 2019
- Sarah and Duck Shanna's favorite show for kids.
Ep. 52: Stump the New Mom!
July 1, 2019
- Taggies Little Leaf Elephant Character Blanket If your baby is suddenly into tags, this is the toy for you!
Ep. 51: Herding Cats and Creating “Yes” Spaces
June 24, 2019
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle Amazing book to help all us stressed-out moms!
- North States Superyard Indoor-Outdoor 8-Panel Play Yard Gate system that Shanna uses to help create a safe "yes space" for her baby.
Ep. 50: The Wacky Things We Googled This Week
June 17, 2019
- Jockey Ladies' Skimmies Slip Short Laura's solution to the thigh chafe she experienced during pregnancy (and beyond!)
- QuickZip Crib Sheets Easy on/off crib sheets
- Burpy Bibs Burp cloths that double as bibs — awesome if you have a “happy spitter” like Laura does!
- Dohm White Noise Machine This white noise machine is pleasing to the ear (not a harsh, digital sound) and blocks out extraneous noise that might wake the baby.
Ep. 49: Express Yourself: Hand Pumping and Night Crying
June 10, 2019
Ep. 48: Losing Sleep: Postpartum Insomnia and Rock Concerts
June 3, 2019
- Toes Home 6PCS Outdoor Magic Headband These are saving Laura's last remaining hairs from her very grabby baby.
- Sassy Tummy Time Floor Mirror Laura's baby LOVES tummy time thanks to this little mirror!
- Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner Shanna's new favorite toy :)
Ep. 47: Baby’s First Personality Quiz
May 27, 2019
- Roshambo Baby Glasses Adorable, durable and soft baby sunglasses!
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo Shanna's baby loves this, and it helps Shanna get stuff done around the house!
Ep. 46: How to Calm a Crying Baby
May 20, 2019
- 7 Secrets of the Newborn Secrets and (Happy) Surprises of the First Year by our guest, Dr. Robert Hamilton
- Early Allergen Introduction by Ready, Set, Food! Powder you can add to bottles to help expose your infant to allergens and reduce allergies.
Ep. 45: Do Me a Solid, Baby
May 13, 2019
- Kickee Pants Coveralls Stretchy, comfortable one-piece with the cutest patterns!
- Kickee Pants Jade Sushi Print This is Laura's favorite outfit for her baby boy!
Ep. 44: Rage Against Sleep: Surviving the Four-Month Sleep Regression
May 6, 2019
- Manhattan Toy Laura's baby loves this for teething and play!
- Oball Toy Shanna's babies love this one as well.
Ep. 43: Should You Sleep Train? Breastfeed? Room Share? Science May Hold the Answer! Talking the Data of Parenthood in the Early Years with Emily Oster, Author of Cribsheet
April 29, 2019
- Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool by our guest, Emily Oster. This book is an amazing resource!
- Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--and What You Really Need to Know by our guest, Emily Oster. Laura and Shanna both lived by this book during pregnancy.
- GABRIALLA Elastic Maternity Belt Emily's BFP from this episode -- it allowed her to keep running through 37 weeks!
Ep. 42: A Birth Ritual That’s Totally “Nuts”
April 22, 2019
- Owlet Smart Sock Monitor Tracks your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels. Laura loves this!
- Simple Wishes Supermom All-in-One Nursing and Pumping Bra
Ep. 39: Understanding Your Baby: Interview with Ayelet Marinovich
April 1, 2019
- Understanding Your Baby: A Week-By-Week Development & Activity Guide For Playing With Your Baby From Birth to 12 Months by our guest, Ayelet Marinovich
- Understanding Your Toddler: A Month-By-Month Development & Activity Guide For Playing With Your Toddler From One to Three Years the newest book by our guest, Ayelet Marinovich
- VAVA night light Wireless, touch-activated, no-blue-wavelength night light. Great for nighttime feeds.
Ep. 38: Never Have I Ever: Parenting Edition
March 25, 2019
- Owlet Smart Sock Monitor Tracks your baby's heart rate and O2 levels
- Peepee Teepee Cute shower gift or cultural appropriation?
- Oogiebear Gets those bats out of your baby's tiny nose cave.
Ep. 37: Dream Feeds and Daycare Nightmares
March 18, 2019
- Tranquilo Mat Vibrates to help babies sleep
Ep. 36: Magic Boob Juice
March 11, 2019
- The Happy Sleeper The Science-Backed Guide to Helping Your Baby Get a Good Night's Sleep-Newborn to School Age
Ep. 35: Interview with Pediatric Geneticist Susan Winter
March 4, 2019
- Rent the Runway Maternity styles and also super-pretty dresses for baby photo shoots at low rental prices!
Ep. 34: Holy Sheet! Should I Co-sleep?
February 25, 2019
- The Happiest Baby on the Block Dr. Harvey Karp's masterpiece. The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer.
- Owlet Smart Sock Tracks your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels -- great peace of mind for Laura!
Ep. 33: Why Do I Want to Eat My Baby?
February 18, 2019
- HPA Lanolin Nipple Cream Great for cuticles, too!
- Blitzu Compression Socks These are the ones Laura used to help reduce her postpartum swelling.
- Windi the Gaspasser a.k.a. the baby butt-whistle used to help relieve gas pain
Ep. 32: Laura’s Breech Baby Birth Story
February 11, 2019
- SNOO bassinet The magical robot crib designed by Dr. Harvey Karp!
- Freemie Breast Pump Allows you to pump underneath your existing bra, all while walking around!
Ep. 31: Everything Is About to Change
February 4, 2019
- Elevating Child Care: A Guide to Respectful Parenting by Janet Lansbury -
- Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Sleep Bra for Maternity/Breastfeeding
Ep. 30: Milk, Milk Baby
January 28, 2019
- Happiest Baby on the Block Video Just FYI, you have to buy this on the web version of Amazon, not on the app... not sure why!
Ep. 29: Life’s a Breech
January 21, 2019
Ep. 27: Countdown to D-Day!
January 7, 2019
- Rent The Runway Maternity styles!
Ep. 25: Drinking While Breastfeeding
December 24, 2018
- Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach
- Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--and What You Really Need to Know by Emily Oster
- Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool by Emily Oster
- Breastmilk alcohol test strips
Ep. 23: You’re in the S*%t Now!
December 10, 2018
- Hydroflask Bottle Laura is obsessed with this!
Ep. 18: Caffeine-Addicted Babies
November 5, 2018
- Foam Mattress Topper This is the one Shanna talked about in this ep.
Ep. 17: Halloween, Explosions, Forest Fires!
October 29, 2018
- Maternity Stickers?? No judgement if you're into this...