A roundup of Laura and Shanna’s weekly BFPs (Big Fat Positives), from their favorite maternity wedge to the best baby sunglasses — and everything in between!
Ep. 58: Don’t Rag on My Mom Jeans
August 12, 2019
- Skip Hop Shopping Cart and Baby High Chair Cover So you can avoid germs when your baby is out and about!
Ep. 57: Shake, Rattle and . . . Then What?!
August 5, 2019
- Gazillion Bubbles Hurricane Machine SO MANY BUBBLES! And they don't leave a sticky residue or hurt eyes, so they're safe to use with babies and indoors!
Ep. 56: Tiny Babies, Mom Dreams and Getting Nap Trapped
July 29, 2019
- Aquaphor for Babies Shanna swears by this miracle product to prevent diaper rash, help dry skin, and basically just work like magic for her baby!
Ep. 55: Laura Attempts Sleep Training
July 22, 2019
- BabyCare Reversible Play Mat (Busy Farm) Available on Amazon as well as Bed Bath & Beyond
- Original Blackout Pleated Paper Shade Laura uses these inexpensive paper shades to help black out light leaks in her nursery.
Ep. 54: Ghosts in the Nursery?
July 15, 2019
- Trader Joe's Mixed Nut Butter Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Brazil, Hazelnuts, & Pecans all in one jar, gets a ton of allergens out of the way quickly!
Ep. 53: Mom Confessions
July 8, 2019
- Sarah and Duck Shanna's favorite show for kids.
Ep. 52: Stump the New Mom!
July 1, 2019
- Taggies Little Leaf Elephant Character Blanket If your baby is suddenly into tags, this is the toy for you!
Ep. 51: Herding Cats and Creating “Yes” Spaces
June 24, 2019
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle Amazing book to help all us stressed-out moms!
- North States Superyard Indoor-Outdoor 8-Panel Play Yard Gate system that Shanna uses to help create a safe "yes space" for her baby.
Ep. 50: The Wacky Things We Googled This Week
June 17, 2019
- Jockey Ladies' Skimmies Slip Short Laura's solution to the thigh chafe she experienced during pregnancy (and beyond!)
- QuickZip Crib Sheets Easy on/off crib sheets
- Burpy Bibs Burp cloths that double as bibs — awesome if you have a “happy spitter” like Laura does!
- Dohm White Noise Machine This white noise machine is pleasing to the ear (not a harsh, digital sound) and blocks out extraneous noise that might wake the baby.
Ep. 49: Express Yourself: Hand Pumping and Night Crying
June 10, 2019
Ep. 48: Losing Sleep: Postpartum Insomnia and Rock Concerts
June 3, 2019
- Toes Home 6PCS Outdoor Magic Headband These are saving Laura's last remaining hairs from her very grabby baby.
- Sassy Tummy Time Floor Mirror Laura's baby LOVES tummy time thanks to this little mirror!
- Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner Shanna's new favorite toy :)
Ep. 47: Baby’s First Personality Quiz
May 27, 2019
- Roshambo Baby Glasses Adorable, durable and soft baby sunglasses!
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo Shanna's baby loves this, and it helps Shanna get stuff done around the house!
Ep. 46: Going Viral with Pediatrician Dr. Robert Hamilton
May 20, 2019
- 7 Secrets of the Newborn Secrets and (Happy) Surprises of the First Year by our guest, Dr. Robert Hamilton
- Early Allergen Introduction by Ready, Set, Food! Powder you can add to bottles to help expose your infant to allergens and reduce allergies.
Ep. 45: Do Me a Solid, Baby
May 13, 2019
- Kickee Pants Coveralls Stretchy, comfortable one-piece with the cutest patterns!
- Kickee Pants Jade Sushi Print This is Laura's favorite outfit for her baby boy!
Ep. 44: Rage Against Sleep: Surviving the Four-Month Sleep Regression
May 6, 2019
- Manhattan Toy Laura's baby loves this for teething and play!
- Oball Toy Shanna's babies love this one as well.
Ep. 43: Should You Sleep Train? Breastfeed? Room Share? Science May Hold the Answer! Talking the Data of Parenthood in the Early Years with Emily Oster, Author of Cribsheet
April 29, 2019
- Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool by our guest, Emily Oster. This book is an amazing resource!
- Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--and What You Really Need to Know by our guest, Emily Oster. Laura and Shanna both lived by this book during pregnancy.
- GABRIALLA Elastic Maternity Belt Emily's BFP from this episode -- it allowed her to keep running through 37 weeks!
Ep. 42: A Birth Ritual That’s Totally “Nuts”
April 22, 2019
- Owlet Smart Sock Monitor Tracks your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels. Laura loves this!
- Simple Wishes Supermom All-in-One Nursing and Pumping Bra
Ep. 39: Understanding Your Baby: Interview with Ayelet Marinovich
April 1, 2019
- Understanding Your Baby: A Week-By-Week Development & Activity Guide For Playing With Your Baby From Birth to 12 Months by our guest, Ayelet Marinovich
- Understanding Your Toddler: A Month-By-Month Development & Activity Guide For Playing With Your Toddler From One to Three Years the newest book by our guest, Ayelet Marinovich
- VAVA night light Wireless, touch-activated, no-blue-wavelength night light. Great for nighttime feeds.
Ep. 38: Never Have I Ever: Parenting Edition
March 25, 2019
- Owlet Smart Sock Monitor Tracks your baby's heart rate and O2 levels
- Peepee Teepee Cute shower gift or cultural appropriation?
- Oogiebear Gets those bats out of your baby's tiny nose cave.
Ep. 37: Dream Feeds and Daycare Nightmares
March 18, 2019
- Tranquilo Mat Vibrates to help babies sleep
Ep. 36: Magic Boob Juice
March 11, 2019
- The Happy Sleeper The Science-Backed Guide to Helping Your Baby Get a Good Night's Sleep-Newborn to School Age
Ep. 35: Interview with Pediatric Geneticist Susan Winter
March 4, 2019
- Rent the Runway Maternity styles and also super-pretty dresses for baby photo shoots at low rental prices!
Ep. 34: Holy Sheet! Should I Co-sleep?
February 25, 2019
- The Happiest Baby on the Block Dr. Harvey Karp's masterpiece. The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer.
- Owlet Smart Sock Tracks your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels -- great peace of mind for Laura!
Ep. 33: Why Do I Want to Eat My Baby?
February 18, 2019
- HPA Lanolin Nipple Cream Great for cuticles, too!
- Blitzu Compression Socks These are the ones Laura used to help reduce her postpartum swelling.
- Windi the Gaspasser a.k.a. the baby butt-whistle used to help relieve gas pain
Ep. 32: Laura’s Breech Baby Birth Story
February 11, 2019
- SNOO bassinet The magical robot crib designed by Dr. Harvey Karp!
- Freemie Breast Pump Allows you to pump underneath your existing bra, all while walking around!
Ep. 31: Everything Is About to Change
February 4, 2019
- Elevating Child Care: A Guide to Respectful Parenting by Janet Lansbury -
- Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Sleep Bra for Maternity/Breastfeeding
Ep. 30: Milk, Milk Baby
January 28, 2019
- Happiest Baby on the Block Video Just FYI, you have to buy this on the web version of Amazon, not on the app... not sure why!
Ep. 29: Life’s a Breech
January 21, 2019
Ep. 27: Countdown to D-Day!
January 7, 2019
- Rent The Runway Maternity styles!
Ep. 25: Drinking While Breastfeeding
December 24, 2018
- Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach
- Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--and What You Really Need to Know by Emily Oster
- Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool by Emily Oster
- Breastmilk alcohol test strips
Ep. 23: You’re in the S*%t Now!
December 10, 2018
- Hydroflask Bottle Laura is obsessed with this!
Episode 18: Caffeine-Addicted Babies
November 5, 2018
- Foam Mattress Topper This is the one Shanna talked about in this ep.
Episode 17: Halloween, Explosions, Forest Fires!
October 29, 2018
- Maternity Stickers?? No judgement if you're into this...