A roundup of Laura and Shanna’s weekly BFPs (Big Fat Positives), from their favorite maternity wedge to the best baby sunglasses — and everything in between!
Ep. 251 – Dining Out with Young Kids
April 24, 2023
- Teach Your Monster to Read Laura and Auggie love this cute and affordable educational app that.
Ep. 249 – Sugar Phobia, Fatphobia and Feeding Kids: An Interview with Virginia Sole-Smith – Part 2
April 10, 2023
- "Fat Talk: Parenting in the Age of Diet Culture" by Virginia Sole-Smith Pre-order Virginia's new book now! It comes out on April 25th.
Ep. 248 – Diet Culture and Parenting: An Interview with Virginia Sole-Smith – Part 1
April 3, 2023
- "Fat Talk: Parenting in the Age of Diet Culture" by Virginia Sole-Smith Pre-order Virginia's new book now! It comes out on April 25th.
Ep. 245 – When Misunderstandings Lead to Meltdowns
March 13, 2023
- "Parent Effectiveness Training: The Proven Program for Raising Responsible Children" by Thomas Gordon. Shanna talks about reading this book and trying some of the methods with her kids in this episode.
Ep. 243 – Birthday Party Bonanza
February 27, 2023
- Head scratcher Auggie loves this head scratcher that Laura got him for Christmas.
Ep. 238 – Are Kids More Creative Than Adults?
January 23, 2023
- FeverAll Acetaminophen Suppositories Laura found these acetaminophen suppositories very helpful for her 1 year old when he was sick with a stomach bug.
Ep. 224: Baby’s First Time at Daycare
October 17, 2022
- The most-regretted baby names, and more! by Andrew van Dam. Laura talks about this fascinating baby-name analysis in this week's special segment.
Ep. 222: Embracing Your Child’s Talents
October 3, 2022
- First Orchard This fun, cooperative game is perfect for preschoolers!
Ep. 219: Why Can’t Mama Have Nice Things?!
September 12, 2022
- "You Loves Ewe" by Cece Bell. This is currently Elle's favorite book, and it's humor and silly wordplay has Shanna loving it too.
Ep. 217: Pandemic Parenting Hangovers
August 29, 2022
- Slumber Pod Laura used one of these during her trip to Portland, and it was a lifesaver.
Ep. 214: To Share or Not to Share? Part 2 with Parenting Consultant Gia Gambaro Blount
August 8, 2022
- Sleep Button This is the recordable talking button Shanna used to make a "Sleep Button" for CeCe.
Ep. 212: Fixing Toddler Sleep Troubles
July 25, 2022
- Independent Sleep Workshop: A Feel-Good Approach This is Dr. Becky's sleep workshop that Laura used to help fix Auggie's sleep issues. She highly recommends it!!
- Sleep Button Laura used this recordable talking button to make a "Sleep Button" for Auggie at bedtime.
Ep. 207: Planting Roots in a Family Home
June 20, 2022
- "The Very Impatient Caterpillar" by Ross Baruch. This book is Shanna's BFP this week. She and her girls love it for its silliness, funny characters and important life lesson.
Ep. 206: Am I Crazy for Wanting Another Baby?
June 13, 2022
- La Roche-Posay Tinted Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50 Shanna's has fallen in love with this lightweight sunscreen after trying many, many sunscreens that didn't work for her.
Ep. 205: Teaching Body Positivity to Your Kids
June 6, 2022
- "Bodies Are Cool" by Tyler Feder. Shanna and her girls love this book that teaches about body diversity and body positivity.
- "It's Not the Stork!: A Book About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends" by Robie H. Haris and Michael Emberley. Shanna likes this book for teaching her girls about human body parts and helping them feel comfortable in their own bodies. It's also great for teaching about how babies are made!
- "Your Whole Body: From Your Head to Your Toes, and Everything in Between!" by Lizzie DeYoung Charbonneau and Misha Iver. Another fabulous book for normalizing and educating kids about all body parts, including genitals.
- "Your Body is Awesome: Body Respect for Children" by y Sigrun Danielsdottir and Bjork Bjarkadottir. Another book Shanna likes for teaching her girls about body positivity.
Ep. 204: The Benefits of Alone Time
May 30, 2022
- "Internal Time: Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, and Why You're So Tired" by Till Boennenberg. Laura talks about this book in the episode as being a great read for understanding the difference between night owls and morning larks.
- Normal Gossip Podcast Laura binged this podcast on her solo drive to Fresno and highly recommends it!
Ep. 203: When Kids Want to Quit
May 23, 2022
- Evenflo Pivot Xplore Stroller Wagon Laura loves this wagon that you can pull or push. It made going to the beach a breeze!
Ep. 202: Mom Brain
May 16, 2022
- The EggMazing Easter Egg Decorator Kit Shanna and her girls loved decorating Easter eggs with markers and this fun spinner!
Ep. 200: We Said What?!
May 2, 2022
- Stomp Rockets Shanna's BFP this week is this super fun kids toy!
Ep. 198: Mom Hacks for Handling Fears and Meltdowns
April 18, 2022
- Horusdy Water Pump Laura bought this affordable water pump to take her kids' water table to the next level!
Ep. 196: Laura’s Postpartum Depression and Anxiety Story
April 4, 2022
- "Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals" by Oliver Burkeman. Laura's BFP this week is this life-changing book that helped her alter her thoughts about how she spends her time.
Ep. 194: Mom Rage
March 21, 2022
- The Book with No Pictures by BJ Novak. Laura's 3-year-old received this hilarious book for his birthday, and it's been a big hit!
Ep. 193: Woo-hoos and Boo-hoos
March 14, 2022
- Rolling Art Cart Shanna's BFP this week is this awesome, multi-functional rolling cart that she used to organized her kids' art supplies.
Ep. 192: Baby’s First Birthday
March 7, 2022
- Deeply Feeling Kids: Understanding Your Child and What They Need This course from Dr. Becky at Good Inside has been so helpful for Shanna.
- Novel Effect This incredible app brings sound effects and music to your books as you read to your kids!
Ep. 188: Mom Wins: Coming Back from Rock Bottom
February 7, 2022
- Kids' Scissors Shanna talks about Cece's obsession with cutting stuff. Here's the type of scissors she loves using!
- Hydroflask Laura's favorite water bottle! Shanna loves it too and learns in this episode that topless is the way to go.
Ep. 187: How to Donate Breast Milk
January 31, 2022
- Saalt Menstrual Cup This is the menstrual cup Shanna talks about in this episode.
Ep. 186: Why Is My Kid Crying?
January 24, 2022
- Oversized Wearable Blanket Hoodie Shanna's BFP this week is the coziest thing she's ever worn!
Ep. 185: Sex After Kids. How Much is Normal?
January 17, 2022
- Smart Plugs Shanna and Laura love using smart plugs in their home to easily control lights and other devices.
Ep. 183: 2021 Wrap Up – Our Biggest Challenges, Laughs and Surprises
January 3, 2022
- Nuna Rava Convertible Car Seat After much research, Laura purchased this convertible car seat for her almost 1-year-old.
Ep. 182: Talking to Kids About Death
December 27, 2021
- Lifetimes: The Beautiful Way to Explain Death to Children by Bryan Mellonie and Robert Ingpen. Shanna highly recommends this book for introducing the idea of death to young children, and she used it to help talk about her family dog's recent passing.
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst and Joanne Lew-Vriethoff. Shanna also used this book to help talk to her kids about their dog's passing.
Ep. 181: Good Advice About Toddler Tantrums
December 20, 2021
- Roshambo Sunglasses Laura loves these sunglasses for her kids. Use code ONEEYEDWILLY to get replacement lenses for free!
- Small Command Hooks Shanna loves using these around the house to easily decorate for holidays.
Ep. 175: Disneyland and Discipline
November 8, 2021
- Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. Laura recommended this book to Shanna, who needs some sibling help with her two girls.
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids by Laura Markham. Laura recommended this book to Shanna, who needs some sibling help with her two girls.
Ep. 174: Fierce Mom Instinct
November 1, 2021
- Tooth Fairy Pillow Shanna's 5-year-old lost her first tooth, and Shanna gave this pillow to her daughter to prepare for the tooth fairy.
- Tooth Fairy Coins Shanna used these as gifts from the Tooth Fairy.
Ep. 172: Why Doesn’t My Baby Look Like Me?
October 18, 2021
- OK to Wake Clock Shanna got this sleep training clock for CeCe to help with early morning wake ups.
Ep. 171: How to Handle Your Toddler’s “Why” Phase
October 11, 2021
- Bissell SpinWave Cordless PET Hard Floor Spin Mop Shanna's BFP this week is this electric mop that makes her most dreaded household chore easier and more enjoyable.
Ep. 169: Our Favorite Kids’ Books
September 27, 2021
- Lifetimes: The Beautiful Way to Explain Death to Children by Bryan Mellonie and Robert Ingpen. A simple, straightforward and beautiful book that explains the life and death cycle of all living things in an age-appropriate way to children.
- It's Not the Stork!: A Book About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends by Robie H. Harris (Author) and Michael Emberley (Illustrator). Shanna got this for her older daughter when she was pregnant with her younger daughter. It's an honest, age-appropriate book for explaining human bodies and where babies come from.
- What Makes A Baby by Cory Silverberg (Author), Fiona Smyth (Illustrator). Laura loves this inclusive book about how babies are made.
- Our Skin: A First Conversation About Race by Megan Madison (Author), Jessica Ralli (Author), Isabel Roxas (Illustrator). This board book is fantastic for starting the conversation about race with your children.
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles by Landry Q. Walker. Laura's Star-Wars-loving son is obsessed with this book!
- An Elephant & Piggie Biggie Volume 2! by Mo Willems. Shanna's girls love the Elephant and Piggie books, and this particular volume is a huge hit right now with her two-year-old!
Ep. 168: Transitioning Your Toddler from Crib to Bed
September 20, 2021
- Uncrustables Sandwich Maker Shanna's BFP this week is perfect for kiddos who hate crust on their sandwiches!
Ep. 167: New Mom’s Survival Guide – Interview with Dr. Mona
September 13, 2021
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst and Joanne Lew-Vriethoff. Laura loves this book and used it to help her son prepare for the separation of going to preschool for the first time.
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. Laura and her family love this sweet book, which they used to help her son prepare for the separation of going to preschool for the first time.
- Preschool, Here I Come! by D.J. Steinberg and John Joven. Shanna loves this book, which she bought for her daughter to get ready for preschool.
Ep. 166: Sleep Training and Night Weaning
September 6, 2021
- Playtex Sipsters 360 Cups Shanna loves these non-spill cups as a cleaner and easier alternative to the Munchkin 360 cups.
Ep 165: Bed Sharing with Kids and Babies
August 30, 2021
- Hatch Baby Rest Laura uses this nightlight and sound machine in Auggie's room as a "time-to-rise" device that lets him know when it's rest time and when it's wake time. The best part is that you can control it from your phone!
Bonus: What Happens When My Preschooler Gets Covid and Should I Get Vaccinated While Pregnant?
August 27, 2021
- Zarbee's Naturals Baby Soothing Chest Rub Laura loves this soothing chest rub with lavender and eucalyptus and used it on her 6-month-old son when he had Covid-19.
Ep. 163: Mom Hacks for Breastfeeding, Toddler Cooperation and More!
August 16, 2021
- Waterproof Fold-up Picnic Blanket Shanna loves bringing a fold-up picnic blanket everywhere she goes with the kids, especially the playground, so you always have a place to sit!
- Intex Above-Ground Pool Shanna loves this above-ground pool and talks about it as her BFP for the week!
Ep. 161: Second Kid Problems
August 2, 2021
- Bodies are Cool by Tyler Feder. Shanna and her girls love this inclusive book about celebrating body differences.
Ep. 158: Go Away! I’m Pooping!
July 12, 2021
- Jumbo Moving Bags Laura bought these jumbo, heavy duty moving bags for her upcoming move, and they are strong, versatile and fantastic!
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils These colored pencils have a soft core, so kids can easily use them to color light or dark. Shanna loves these and has replaced crayons and markers with these colored pencils in her house.
- Battery Powered Electric Pencil Sharpener Shanna's kids love using a battery powered pencil sharpener to keep their colored pencils sharp!
Ep. 157: Prepping for Preschool
July 5, 2021
- Cherry Pitter Shanna recently bought this cherry pitter, which has made prepping fresh cherries for her toddler much easier.
Ep. 154: My Baby Has a Flat Head
June 14, 2021
- Luckkid Baby Night Light Moon Star Projector Shanna's girls love this affordable star projector night light.
Ep. 151: The Ups and Downs of Going Out of Town
May 24, 2021
- Travel Wet and Dry Bags Laura loves using these reusable, waterproof bags when she's on the go.
Ep. 150: Sensory Overload
May 17, 2021
- Crayola Color Bath Dropz Shanna and her girls love these tablets that color the bath water!
- Ewedoos Yoga Pants for Women with Pockets Laura loves these yoga pants with pockets!
Ep. 147: A Newborn Sleep Victory
April 26, 2021
- REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer Hot Air Brush Shanna is in love with this hair dryer/brush combo that makes styling her hair a breeze.
Ep. 146: Mom Hacks for Newborn Bath Time, Brushing Teeth and More!
April 19, 2021
- "Found" by Salina Yoon Shanna and her toddler love this adorable board book about a bear who finds a lost bunny.
- "Not Quite Narwhal" by Jesse Sima Laura and her toddler love this beautifully illustrated book about a unicorn who thinks he's a narwhal.
- "Daddy Honk Honk!" by Rosalinde Bonnet Laura's bonus BFP this week is this cute book about an arctic fox who adopts a baby goose.
Ep. 140: First Week Postpartum
March 8, 2021
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings: How to Stop the Fighting and Raise Friends for Life by Dr. Laura Markham. Laura used this book to prepare her toddler for meeting his new baby brother.
Ep. 137: Baby Kicks, Cervix Checks and Parenting Burnout
February 15, 2021
- How to Talk So Little Kids Will Listen by Joanna Faber and Julie King. An excellent handbook for learning strategies for communicating with kids ages 2-7.
- Gorilla Snot Hair Gel Shanna bought this to tame her toddler's hair.
Ep. 135: Preparing for Baby #2
February 1, 2021
- Siblings without Rivalry by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. Laura is reading this book to prepare for the birth of baby #2.
- Peaceful Parents, Happy Siblings by Laura Dr. Markham. Laura is reading this book to prepare for the birth of baby #2.
- Gripjoy Lil' Grippers Grip Socks These socks keep little ones from slipping and sliding on wood floors!
Bonus: Listener Questions – Baby Names, Mom Guilt, Breastfeeding Tips and More!
January 27, 2021
- Magnetic Drawing Board Shanna's girls love using this mess-free art canvas.
Ep. 134: Unsolicited Advice, Parent Preference and More
January 25, 2021
- Doodle Pro Drawing Pad Shanna's girls love using this mess-free drawing pad.
Ep. 133: Parenting Decisions You Can’t Go Back On
January 18, 2021
- Fanny pack Laura loves wearing this fanny pack around the house.
Ep. 132: What Happens During a C-Section
January 11, 2021
- Auden Women's Briefs Underwear Shanna loves this affordable pack of comfortable cotton underwear.
Ep. 129: Our Favorite Mom Hacks
December 21, 2020
- Glow Sticks Make bath time exciting by adding a handful of these glow sticks in the water and then turning off the light!
- Mr. Bubble Foam Soap Shanna's girls love playing with this scented foam soap in the bath.
- Art Trays Shanna loves using these trays to contain her daughters' art projects.
Ep. 128: False Positive Pregnancy Tests
December 14, 2020
- "All the World" by Liz Garton Scanlon. A beautifully illustrated book that Laura and her toddler love.
- Lego Duplo Building Blocks Shanna's toddler loves building with these adorable blocks that stimulated the imagination.
Ep. 127: Big Feelings
December 7, 2020
- Paw Patrol Potty Seat The potty seat that gets CC excited to use the big toilet.
- Toilet Seat with Built In Potty Training Seat Save space and cut clutter with this 2-in-1 potty seat!
- Baby Safety Door Knob Covers Prevent your little ones from opening doors with these covers.
- Chain Door Lock Place this up high on your doors to keep little ones from wandering out.
- Childproof Deadbolt Cover This housing that goes over your deadbolt prevents toddlers from unlocking doors to the outside.
- Window/Door Alarm A loud 120-decible alarm sounds when a door or window opens, letting you know if your little one is trying to get out.
Ep. 126: Sexually Charged Pregnancy Newsletters
November 30, 2020
- Wyze Camera Affordable wifi smart camera that's great for nurseries and kids' bedrooms.
Ep. 124: Nesting Isn’t Just for the Birds
November 16, 2020
- Thermos Funtainer Laura's fave water bottle for toddlers!
Ep. 123: Dealing with Toddler Sleep Regression
November 9, 2020
- Sticker Book Cute, bright, fun stickers will entertain your little ones.
Ep. 122: Should I Have a VBAC?
November 2, 2020
- Painter's Tape Use this to help make forts, art projects, kids' activities and more!
Ep. 121: Parenting with Kindness, Even When It’s Hard AF
October 26, 2020
- OXO 2-in-1 Travel Potty Perfect for road trips, beach visits and more!
- Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix You know you want it!! Just don't lose the spice packet, lol.
- Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka. Great advice for parenting children who are "more intense, sensitive, perceptive, persistent and energetic."
Ep. 120: Oh Sh*t, It’s Potty Time
October 19, 2020
- Oh Crap! Potty Training This is the book Laura is using to potty train her 20-month-old toddler.
- Medicine Lock Box Keep your little ones safe from medications ane more.
- Magnatiles Magnetic building tiles that are perfect for little hands.
Ep. 119: Terrible Twos, Here We Come!
October 12, 2020
- Karaoke Microphone Hear your kiddos belt Moana and Frozen on this wireless, bluetooth karaoke mic.
Ep. 118: You Asked. We Answered!
October 5, 2020
- Toddler Teether Laura loves this teether that helps soothe those back molars.
- Green Toys Dump Truck This truck is beloved by Laura's toddler!
- Green Toys Tea Set This tea set has been a favorite with Shanna's girls for years.
- Elevating Child Care by Janet Lansbury. Shanna and Laura's go-to resource for raising babies using the RIE method
- Your Self-Confident Baby by Magda Gerber. The original resource on the RIE parenting philosophy.
- Inglesina Fast Table Chair Portable chair that attaches to most tables.
Ep. 117: Toddler Independence Is Terrific (and Terrifying)
September 28, 2020
- Shower Head with Detachable Sprayer Easily wash your kiddos with this detachable sprayer!
Ep. 116: Plus-Size Pregnancy with Jen McLellan
September 21, 2020
- Featherweight Reacher Never bend down to pick up a toy again!
- Toddler Life Vest This lightweight life vest is coast guard approved.
- Beach Tent On your next trip to the beach, you'll be made in the shade with this beach tent.
- Beach Toys Your little one will have a creative day at the beach with these fun toys.
Ep. 115: Why Is My Toddler Biting People?
September 14, 2020
- Intex Above-Ground Pool Easy to set up. Hard for your kids to stop playing in!
- "Oh Crap!" Potty Training Book This book outlines a 6-step plan to help you toilet train your little ones. By Jamie Glowack, the Pied Piper of Poop.
Ep. 114: Pregnancy Scans, Toddler Manners and Mom Rage
September 7, 2020
- Pregnancy Body Pillow This maternity pillow is so comfy, you'll want it even when you're NOT pregnant
Ep. 113: Allowing Your Toddler to Struggle
August 31, 2020
- Little Tikes First Slide Adorable indoor/outdoor slide for toddlers that's helping with Laura's climbing maniac!
Ep. 112: Is Laura’s Baby a Boy or Girl?
August 24, 2020
- Sleek Socket Ultra-Thin Child Proofing Outlet Cover This acts as a outlet cover AND extension cord. Super useful for baby-proofing.
- Kinetic Sand Mesmerizing play sand!
Ep. 111: Pregnancy Super-Smell and Toddler Insults
August 17, 2020
- Where's Spot? Shanna's toddler loves this book!
- Elmo Says Cute board book from Sesame Street
- Opal Ice Maker Shanna got this to fuel her love of nugget ice, and it was love at first sight!
- Munchkin Faucet Extender Super-simple device that helps your toddler reach the faucet and gain more independence.
Bonus: Laura’s TTC Diary
August 13, 2020
- Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test Here's the ovulation test kit that Laura used for both pregnancies. It tests for both estrogen and LH so you can catch more fertile days.
Ep. 110: Deciding to Have Another Baby
August 10, 2020
- Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test Laura used this with great success when TTC
Ep. 109: Is My Toddler Getting Enough Exercise?
August 3, 2020
- Cetaphil Baby Gentle Wash with Organic Calendula Shanna has been using this to help her toddler's eczema and it's been working great!
Ep. 108: When Setting Toddler Limits Feels Limitless
July 27, 2020
- Dyson Airwrap Hair Curler Laura would buy this if she won the lottery, but otherwise she can't really justify a $500 hair curler.
- Fisher-Price Pink Princess Stepstool Potty Shanna got this for CC and it plays music when they go potty!
- Oh Crap! Potty Training Shanna's pick for a potty-training manual.
Ep. 107: The Struggles and Snuggles of Toddler Separation Anxiety
July 20, 2020
- Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
- Elephant & Piggie: The Complete Collection By Mo Willems.
- The Pigeon Books 7-Book Set By Mo Willems.
- Sposie Overnight Diaper Booster Pads Laura uses these to help keep her toddler free of leaks overnight. They come in sizes from newborn to 5T.
- Scunci Girl No Damage Polyband Elastics These are great little hair elastics for tiny toddler pigtails
Ep. 106: Why Is My Toddler Screaming?
July 13, 2020
- Dreamtown Kids Toddler Pillow Shanna loves this pillow for 18+ months, and CC loves it, too!
Bonus: How to Stay Calm in the Chaos of COVID-19
July 9, 2020
- UTEX Astronaut Tunnel and Tent Really cute and fun play tent and tunnel system that collapses down for easy storage
Ep. 104: Does Birth Order Influence Personality?
June 29, 2020
- The Snowy Day The #1 most-checked-out book from the New York Public Library.
- The Cat in the Hat
- Where the Wild Things Are
Ep. 103: Our Mom Instincts Saved Lives
June 22, 2020
- Jon Klassen Hat Box Three really strange and adorable books for kids about animals and their hats.
- Crayola Bathtub Paint Brush Pens This kept Shanna's 4-year-old and toddler busy for HOURS
- Boo-Boo Bunny A cute way to help your kids ouchies!
Ep. 102: Tips for Toddler Mealtime
June 15, 2020
- Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family: How to Eat, How to Raise Good Eaters, How to Cook Book by Ellyn Satter
Ep. 101: Our Deep, Dark Mom Secrets
June 8, 2020
- Boiron Calendula Cream CC's doctor recommended this for her eczema.
- All Free & Clear Laundry Detergent Laundry detergent recommended by the National Eczema Association.
- VAVA Rechargeable Baby Night Light Laura swears by this little touch-activated nightlight for middle-of-the-night diaper changes and check-ins.
- Caspar Babypants Great children's musician that's pleasant to listen to! (links to Amazon page of albums)
- Johnny Bregar Shanna loves this children's musician as well.
- tombik Toddler Boys & Girls Beach/Pool Slides Adorable rainbow sandals that don't irriatate CC's feet.
Ep. 100: Dads Tell All!
May 31, 2020
- Elevating Child Care: A Guide To Respectful Parenting A great introduction to RIE parenting.
- Understanding Your Baby Fantastic book from our friend Ayelet Marinovich that provides a week-by-week guide to your infant's development and fun activity ideas!
- Happiest Baby "5 S's" Video The best way to learn how to soothe your newborn, and you can watch it on Prime Video!
- The Happiest Baby on the Block book by Harvey Karp, inventor of the Snoo
- Water Baby Water Sprinkler Pad for Kids Not water-wise, but very fun!
Ep. 99: First Trimester Flashbacks
May 25, 2020
- TOMY Toomies Squeak Toy, Hide & Squeak Eggs Shanna loves this fun toy for her toddler.
Ep. 98: Toddlers Are More Than Their Tantrums
May 18, 2020
- Joovy Tricycoo Shanna loves this push tricycle that transitions and grows with your toddler!
- Guidecraft Classic Kitchen Helper Also known as a Learning Tower, this is helping Laura's toddler get more involved with heping out in the kitchen!
Ep. 97: Laura’s Baby Said What!?
May 11, 2020
- Regalo 192-Inch Super Wide Adjustable Baby Gate and Play Yard Laura uses this extra-long baby gate to make a safe space in her open-concept home
- Step2 Play Up Jungle Gym and Kids Swing Set Shanna loves this backyard play set for her kids!
Ep. 96: Dealing with Big Toddler Emotions
May 4, 2020
- Little Blue Truck One of Shanna's favorite board books.
- Potty by Leslie Patricelli Cute book about potty training.
Ep. 95: In the Yuck Zone
April 27, 2020
- The Sleepeasy Solution Shanna's favorite baby sleep book!
- Baby Loves board book Very cute book that Laura's toddler really enjoys
- The Pout-Pout Fish A huge hit in both households, The Pout-Pout Fish is a fun book that ends in kisses!
- Hooray For Hat! Adorable book that lets you practice all your funny animal voices.
Ep. 94: Talking Toddlers and Speedy Sperm
April 20, 2020
- ezpz Tiny Cup Great cup for little hands to practice open-cup skills!
- Munchkin Toddler Fork and Spoon Good choice for toddlers learning utensil skills.
Bonus: Your Coronavirus Quarantine Stories
April 10, 2020
- No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame by Janet Lansbury, this is Shanna's favorite book about toddler discipline.
Ep. 92: Toddler Tantrums and Ninja-Like Mom Moves
April 6, 2020
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Giddy Buggy Broom Great toy if your child is obsessed with your broom, like Laura's is.
Ep. 91: Dropping Naps and Picking Up Babies
March 30, 2020
- Go to Sleep (I Miss You) Cartoons from the Fog of New Parenthood by Lucy Knisley.
- Kid Gloves: Nine Months of Careful Chaos Great graphic novel about pregnancy by Lucy Knisley.
- ezpz Happy Bowl Great mat with built-in bowl that truly suctions to your table.
Ep. 90: Toddlers on the Run
March 23, 2020
- No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame Shanna's favorite book on toddler discipline, with no time-outs or spanking.
- Rhoost Finger Guard Clever doorstop that you put up high, out of reach from little hands, and also prevents pinched fingers.
Bonus: Momming During Coronavirus
March 14, 2020
- 1-2-3 Magic: 3-Step Discipline for Calm, Effective, and Happy Parenting Shanna loves this book for ideas on how to discipline her kids.
- Raising Lions Book about compassionate discipline for kids that Shanna's trying out with her older daughter.
Ep. 88: Why Is My Toddler Suddenly a Picky Eater?
March 9, 2020
- Little Tykes First Slide Shanna's toddler loves this indoor/outdoor slide!
- Little Tykes Rocking Horse Cute little rocking horse for your toddler!
Ep. 86: Weaning From Boobs, Bottles and Baby-Tracking Apps
February 24, 2020
- WeeSprout Double Zipper Reusable Food Pouches The best way to get yogurt into your toddler without a major mess!
- Siggi's No-Sugar-Added Yogurt The only flavored, full-fat yogurt Laura could find without added sugar.
Ep. 85: What Do Babies Dream About?
February 17, 2020
- ezpz tiny cup and happy mat Fantastic line of baby/toddler mealtime stuff!
Ep. 84: Pumping the Brakes on Pumping Breastmilk
February 10, 2020
- Tiny Bites Food Shears Perfect for cutting up food for little mouths on the go.
- Munchkin Snack Catcher Great for keeping toddlers entertained while snacking!
Ep. 83: Beer, Poop, Showers, Murder
February 3, 2020
- Pampers Pull On Cruisers 360˚ Fit "The yoga pants of diapers" according to Pampers, these are convenient because they pull on. Laura loves them because her baby refuses to stay on his back for diaper changes anymore!
- Balloon Arch Tape This stuff is genius and makes creating a balloon arch or garland super easy!
- Food-grade silicone drink coasters Laura got these because her baby insisted on playing with coasters.
- Electric Fly Swatter For all your insect-murdering needs.
Ep. 82: Let’s Get Medical: Baby X-Rays, Flu Tests and Swallowing Foreign Objects
January 27, 2020
- VTech Roll & Surprise Animal Train Laura's baby loves this toy train where animals pop up and make noises.
- Hola Ukelele This is the uke Laura's baby LOVED as a Christmas present.
- Baby Leg Warmers Shanna loves these to help bridge the gap between pant sizes and help keep her toddler's legs warm while not compromising foot traction!
Ep. 80: First Birthday Parties, Convertible Car Seats and… Parenting Topless??
January 13, 2020
- ChooMee SoftSip Food Pouch Tops Helps keep food pouches mess-free and soft for baby teeth.
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Laura and Shanna both love this car seat for infants.
- Nuna Rava Convertible Car Seat Laura decided on this car seat after her baby outgrew the infant seat. It's super comfy and easy to install.
- Chicco NextFit Zip Convertible Car Seat Shanna got this model for her older daughter and is still using it almost 3 years later!
- Gazillion Bubbles Hurricane Machine The best bubble machine out there! The bubbles don't leave a residue and can be used indoors.
- Pura Kiki Stainless Steel Straw Cup This is the cup that Laura's baby was so excited about! It also comes with a sippy cup top.
- Floating Bath Books These are favorite bathtime pastimes in both our houses!
Ep. 79: Is Your Baby More Likely to Be a Boy or Girl?
January 6, 2020
- Clear corner covers Attach these to sharp corners for babyproofing.
Ep. 78: A Massive Mom Milestone
December 30, 2019
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert Laura's favorite novel of 2019.
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle Laura's favorite nonfiction book of 2019.
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine: A Novel Shanna's favorite read of 2019.
Bonus: More Burning Questions Answered, Part 2
December 13, 2019
- Taking Cara Babies This is Laura's nap/baby sleep guru
Ep. 74: Gimme Those Sloppy Baby Kisses
December 2, 2019
- NoseFrida Baby Nasal Aspirator The grossest life-saver ever.
Ep. 73: The Struggle Is Real: Giving Medicine to a Baby
November 25, 2019
- Fox and Finn 'Sophia' Teething Necklace Actually cute necklace for moms to wear and for babies to chew on.
- Tommee Tippee Pouch Bib Super-soft silicone bib that allows your baby to catch food for later in the meal!
Ep. 72: Your Breastfeeding Questions Answered! Interview with Jessica Claire, IBCLC
November 18, 2019
- Making More Milk: The Breastfeeding Guide to Increasing Your Milk Production Resource on increasing your milk production from our guest, lactation consultant Jessica Claire, IBCLC
Ep. 71: Blue Breastmilk and Teething Conundrums
November 11, 2019
- Munchkin Miracle 360 Trainer Cup Great cup for babies and toddlers that doesn't spill!
Ep. 70: Is It Time for a Babysitter?
November 4, 2019
- Plum Organics Baby Food Pouches So convenient for feeding your littles on to go.
- Ditalini Pasta Perfect pasta size/shape for babies starting on finger foods!
Ep. 69: I’m Not Ready for a Toddler!
October 28, 2019
- NUK Mash and Serve Cool doohickey that allows you to create chunky purees for your baby when you're transitioning to finger foods.
- Puffed Kamut Perfect rice-free alternative to baby puffs.
Ep. 67: When Do You Drop the Dream Feed?
October 14, 2019
- Jordan Step 1 Baby Toothbrush Cute little toothbrush + teether for babies!
Ep. 66: The Glitz and Sh*ts of Parenting
October 7, 2019
- Fischer Price Music Table Great for babies who are pulling up and cruising!
Ep. 65: Raising a Baby Costs How Much!?
September 30, 2019
- Hakaa Manual Breast Pump Helps catch extra milk!
- Step2 Push Around Buggy Shanna found this for her daughter and it's a big hit!
Ep. 64: A Disturbing Trip to the Grocery Store
September 23, 2019
- The Mommy Hook Large carabiner clip for your stroller and to help carry all your crap while also carrying a baby.
- The Zany Zoo Fantastic wooden toy that is great for babies learning to pull to stand.
Ep. 61: Having Other People’s Babies – Interview with Gestational Surrogate Deanna Koelsch
September 2, 2019
- Grown in Another Garden A Surrogacy Book for Young Children, as recommended by our guest, Deanna Koelsch.
- My Mom is a Surrogate A children's book recommended by our guest, Deanna Koelsch.
- Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher Shanna loves this thing to help mix a whole day's worth of formula at once, without it getting foamy!
- Moby Classic Baby Wrap Great for plane travel! This soft, fabric wrap allows you to wear your baby through security and have your hands free.
- J.L. Childress Ultimate Backpack Padded Car Seat Travel Bag This is a travel case for your car seat that fits a lot of extra stuff, like diapers and baby clothes!
Ep. 59: Mysteries of the Infant Body
August 19, 2019
- Bib-on baby apron-style bib Shanna loves this for baby mealtime - it covers so well and makes cleanup a breeze!
- ECR4Kids SoftZone Climb and Crawl Activity Play Set Shanna loves this set to help her baby gain more confidence in moving.
Ep. 58: Don’t Rag on My Mom Jeans
August 12, 2019
- Skip Hop Shopping Cart and Baby High Chair Cover So you can avoid germs when your baby is out and about!
Ep. 57: Shake, Rattle and . . . Then What?!
August 5, 2019
- Gazillion Bubbles Hurricane Machine SO MANY BUBBLES! And they don't leave a sticky residue or hurt eyes, so they're safe to use with babies and indoors!
Ep. 56: Tiny Babies, Mom Dreams and Getting Nap Trapped
July 29, 2019
- Aquaphor for Babies Shanna swears by this miracle product to prevent diaper rash, help dry skin, and basically just work like magic for her baby!
- Taking Cara Babies This is Laura's sleep guru -- she posts great articles on her blog, and her baby-sleep courses are GREAT!
Ep. 55: Laura Attempts Sleep Training
July 22, 2019
- BabyCare Reversible Play Mat (Busy Farm) Available on Amazon as well as Bed Bath & Beyond
- Original Blackout Pleated Paper Shade Laura uses these inexpensive paper shades to help black out light leaks in her nursery.
- Taking Cara Babies Online Sleep Courses These are the online video sleep classes that are helping Laura get her baby to sleep through the night!
Ep. 54: Ghosts in the Nursery?
July 15, 2019
- Trader Joe's Mixed Nut Butter Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Brazil, Hazelnuts, & Pecans all in one jar, gets a ton of allergens out of the way quickly!
Ep. 53: Mom Confessions
July 8, 2019
- Sarah and Duck Shanna's favorite show for kids.
Ep. 52: Stump the New Mom!
July 1, 2019
- Taggies Little Leaf Elephant Character Blanket If your baby is suddenly into tags, this is the toy for you!
Ep. 51: Herding Cats and Creating “Yes” Spaces
June 24, 2019
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle Amazing book to help all us stressed-out moms!
- North States Superyard Indoor-Outdoor 8-Panel Play Yard Gate system that Shanna uses to help create a safe "yes space" for her baby.
Ep. 50: The Wacky Things We Googled This Week
June 17, 2019
- Jockey Ladies' Skimmies Slip Short Laura's solution to the thigh chafe she experienced during pregnancy (and beyond!)
- QuickZip Crib Sheets Easy on/off crib sheets
- Burpy Bibs Burp cloths that double as bibs — awesome if you have a “happy spitter” like Laura does!
- Dohm White Noise Machine This white noise machine is pleasing to the ear (not a harsh, digital sound) and blocks out extraneous noise that might wake the baby.
Ep. 49: Express Yourself: Hand Pumping and Night Crying
June 10, 2019
Ep. 48: Losing Sleep: Postpartum Insomnia and Rock Concerts
June 3, 2019
- Toes Home 6PCS Outdoor Magic Headband These are saving Laura's last remaining hairs from her very grabby baby.
- Sassy Tummy Time Floor Mirror Laura's baby LOVES tummy time thanks to this little mirror!
- Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner Shanna's new favorite toy :)
Ep. 47: Baby’s First Personality Quiz
May 27, 2019
- Roshambo Baby Glasses Adorable, durable and soft baby sunglasses!
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo Shanna's baby loves this, and it helps Shanna get stuff done around the house!
Ep. 46: How to Calm a Crying Baby
May 20, 2019
- 7 Secrets of the Newborn Secrets and (Happy) Surprises of the First Year by our guest, Dr. Robert Hamilton
- Early Allergen Introduction by Ready, Set, Food! Powder you can add to bottles to help expose your infant to allergens and reduce allergies.
Ep. 45: Do Me a Solid, Baby
May 13, 2019
- Kickee Pants Coveralls Stretchy, comfortable one-piece with the cutest patterns!
- Kickee Pants Jade Sushi Print This is Laura's favorite outfit for her baby boy!
Ep. 44: Rage Against Sleep: Surviving the Four-Month Sleep Regression
May 6, 2019
- Manhattan Toy Laura's baby loves this for teething and play!
- Oball Toy Shanna's babies love this one as well.
Ep. 43: Should You Sleep Train? Breastfeed? Room Share? Science May Hold the Answer! Talking the Data of Parenthood in the Early Years with Emily Oster, Author of Cribsheet
April 29, 2019
- Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool by our guest, Emily Oster. This book is an amazing resource!
- Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--and What You Really Need to Know by our guest, Emily Oster. Laura and Shanna both lived by this book during pregnancy.
- GABRIALLA Elastic Maternity Belt Emily's BFP from this episode -- it allowed her to keep running through 37 weeks!
Ep. 42: A Birth Ritual That’s Totally “Nuts”
April 22, 2019
- Owlet Smart Sock Monitor Tracks your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels. Laura loves this!
- Simple Wishes Supermom All-in-One Nursing and Pumping Bra
Ep. 39: Understanding Your Baby: Interview with Ayelet Marinovich
April 1, 2019
- Understanding Your Baby: A Week-By-Week Development & Activity Guide For Playing With Your Baby From Birth to 12 Months by our guest, Ayelet Marinovich
- Understanding Your Toddler: A Month-By-Month Development & Activity Guide For Playing With Your Toddler From One to Three Years the newest book by our guest, Ayelet Marinovich
- VAVA night light Wireless, touch-activated, no-blue-wavelength night light. Great for nighttime feeds.
Ep. 38: Never Have I Ever: Parenting Edition
March 25, 2019
- Owlet Smart Sock Monitor Tracks your baby's heart rate and O2 levels
- Peepee Teepee Cute shower gift or cultural appropriation?
- Oogiebear Gets those bats out of your baby's tiny nose cave.
Ep. 37: Dream Feeds and Daycare Nightmares
March 18, 2019
- Tranquilo Mat Vibrates to help babies sleep
Ep. 36: Magic Boob Juice
March 11, 2019
- The Happy Sleeper The Science-Backed Guide to Helping Your Baby Get a Good Night's Sleep-Newborn to School Age
Ep. 35: Interview with Pediatric Geneticist Susan Winter
March 4, 2019
- Rent the Runway Maternity styles and also super-pretty dresses for baby photo shoots at low rental prices!
Ep. 34: Holy Sheet! Should I Co-sleep?
February 25, 2019
- The Happiest Baby on the Block Dr. Harvey Karp's masterpiece. The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer.
- Owlet Smart Sock Tracks your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels -- great peace of mind for Laura!
Ep. 33: Why Do I Want to Eat My Baby?
February 18, 2019
- HPA Lanolin Nipple Cream Great for cuticles, too!
- Blitzu Compression Socks These are the ones Laura used to help reduce her postpartum swelling.
- Windi the Gaspasser a.k.a. the baby butt-whistle used to help relieve gas pain
Ep. 32: Laura’s Breech Baby Birth Story
February 11, 2019
- SNOO bassinet The magical robot crib designed by Dr. Harvey Karp!
- Freemie Breast Pump Allows you to pump underneath your existing bra, all while walking around!
Ep. 31: Everything Is About to Change
February 4, 2019
- Elevating Child Care: A Guide to Respectful Parenting by Janet Lansbury -
- Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Sleep Bra for Maternity/Breastfeeding
Ep. 30: Milk, Milk Baby
January 28, 2019
- Happiest Baby on the Block Video Just FYI, you have to buy this on the web version of Amazon, not on the app... not sure why!
Ep. 29: Life’s a Breech
January 21, 2019
- My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow
- Afrin Nasal Spray A miracle you can only use 3 days in a row...
Ep. 27: Countdown to D-Day!
January 7, 2019
- Rent The Runway Maternity styles!
Ep. 25: Drinking While Breastfeeding
December 24, 2018
- Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach
- Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--and What You Really Need to Know by Emily Oster
- Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool by Emily Oster
- Breastmilk alcohol test strips
Ep. 23: You’re in the S*%t Now!
December 10, 2018
- Hydroflask Bottle Laura is obsessed with this!
Ep. 18: Caffeine-Addicted Babies
November 5, 2018
- Foam Mattress Topper This is the one Shanna talked about in this ep.
Ep. 17: Halloween, Explosions, Forest Fires!
October 29, 2018
- Maternity Stickers?? No judgement if you're into this...
Ep. 12: Baby Names, Bras and TTC!
September 25, 2018
Ep. 9: To Be or Not to Be (A Baby Mama)
September 17, 2018
- Sleeping Wedge (for heartburn)
- Breathe Right Strips