Ep. 96: Dealing with Big Toddler Emotions
May 4, 2020
Shanna and Laura get to the bottom of night terrors, prune juice and more in this week’s special segment, “What I Googled This Week.” Also Laura talks about her recent success using the RIE parenting method that she read about in Janet Landsbury’s book, “No Bad Kids,” and Shanna discloses her strategy for finally getting her 15-month-old down to one nap a day. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 15 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 14 months old.
- Little Blue Truck* One of Shanna's favorite board books.
- Potty by Leslie Patricelli* Cute book about potty training.
- No Bad Kids* Oft-mentioned book on this podcast, this is a fantastic resource for learning about toddler discipline.
- Janet Lansbury's blog Another great resource on RIE parenting.
- Unruffled Podcast Podcast from Janet Lansbury
- Harvey Karp on Confusional Arousal Interesting take about night terrors in babies and toddlers.
- Monistat Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel* Laura swears by this to prevent chub rub!
- Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend Fun podcast from Conan
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Engage your brain with fun puzzles and collect tons of cute characters. Trust us, with over 100 million downloads, this 5-star rated mobile puzzle game is a must play!
Peanut helps you meet like-minded moms and moms-to-be.
Peanut provides a safe space for mothers, expectant mothers and those trying to conceive to build friendships, ask questions and find support.
Visit peanut.app.link/bfp or find it on your app store.
Generate Life Sciences’ ReadyGen screens for over 200 genetic conditions that are manageable with diet, medication, or other therapies. It also analyzes your child’s response or sensitivity to over 40 medications.
Get a different selection of deliciously clean recipes every week with premium ingredients, all at a manageable price. Go to GreenChef.com/90BFP and use code 90BFP for $90 off and free shipping.