Ep. 96: Dealing with Big Toddler Emotions
May 4, 2020
Shanna and Laura get to the bottom of night terrors, prune juice and more in this week’s special segment, “What I Googled This Week.” Also Laura talks about her recent success using the RIE parenting method that she read about in Janet Landsbury’s book, “No Bad Kids,” and Shanna discloses her strategy for finally getting her 15-month-old down to one nap a day. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 15 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 14 months old.
- Little Blue Truck* One of Shanna's favorite board books.
- Potty by Leslie Patricelli* Cute book about potty training.
- No Bad Kids* Oft-mentioned book on this podcast, this is a fantastic resource for learning about toddler discipline.
- Janet Lansbury's blog Another great resource on RIE parenting.
- Unruffled Podcast Podcast from Janet Lansbury
- Harvey Karp on Confusional Arousal Interesting take about night terrors in babies and toddlers.
- Monistat Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel* Laura swears by this to prevent chub rub!
- Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend Fun podcast from Conan
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month.
With SewSafe™ magnetic closures, Simply Magnetic Me makes changes practically effortless. Plus, their supremely soft fabrics are cozy and sustainable! Get 20% off your order with promo code BFP.
Order insurance-covered breast pumps like Madela, Spectra, and Elvie right to your door from a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).