Ep. 61: Having Other People’s Babies – Interview with Gestational Surrogate Deanna Koelsch
September 2, 2019
Laura and Shanna interview gestational surrogate Deanna Koelsch, who is currently pregnant with her fourth surrogacy! Deanna talks about what it’s like to carry another family’s child, how she got into surrogacy, how her own family and children feel about her doing so, and much more. Also, Shanna discusses her current struggles with her baby’s 8-month sleep regression, and Laura reports on her baby’s first trip on an airplane. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s baby is seven months and three weeks old, and Laura’s baby is six months and three weeks old.
View this post on Instagram
Meet Deanna Koelsch, our guest on this week’s episode of the BFP podcast! Deanna is a gestational surrogate who is pregnant with her fourth surrogacy. She tells us all about what it’s like to carry another family’s child, how she got into surrogacy, how her own family and children feel about her doing so, and much more! Tune in wherever you listen to podcasts! • • • #bfp #bfppodcast #surrogate #geatationalsurrogate #surrogacy #pregnancy #10weekspregnant #pregnancypodcast #parentingpodcast #parenting #havingbabies #pregnant #momlife #mompodcast #podcastinterview #interview
- Grown in Another Garden* A Surrogacy Book for Young Children, as recommended by our guest, Deanna Koelsch. *affiliate link
- My Mom is a Surrogate* A children's book recommended by our guest, Deanna Koelsch. *affiliate link
- Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher* Shanna loves this thing to help mix a whole day's worth of formula at once, without it getting foamy! *affiliate link
- Moby Classic Baby Wrap* Great for plane travel! This soft, fabric wrap allows you to wear your baby through security and have your hands free. *affiliate link
- J.L. Childress Ultimate Backpack Padded Car Seat Travel Bag* This is a travel case for your car seat that fits a lot of extra stuff, like diapers and baby clothes! *affiliate link
This episode's sponsors:
Lumi by Pampers combines an HD video monitor with a sleep sensor that automatically tracks baby’s sleep 24/7.
You can try Lumi by Pampers for 20% off by going to LumibyPampers.com, using code POSITIVE20.
Your favorite organic & non-GMO brands, plus guaranteed savings—delivered to your door.
Try Thrive Market and become a member risk-free! Go to thrivemarket.com/BFP. Join today and you’ll get up to twenty dollars in shopping credit toward your first order
When you join the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program not only do you receive up to $400 in free gifts, including formula samples, discount coupons that could be redeemed at select local retailers or online, and special rebate offers, but since Enfamil knows that every motherhood journey is unique you’ll also receive expert tips tailored to you. *Benefits may vary.
To find out why Enfamil is depended on by so many Pediatricians, and how to become a member of the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program, hurry to enfamil.com/BFP. Joining is an easy 2 step process, but to get started go to enfamil.com/BFP.