Ep. 61: Having Other People’s Babies – Interview with Gestational Surrogate Deanna Koelsch
September 2, 2019
Laura and Shanna interview gestational surrogate Deanna Koelsch, who is currently pregnant with her fourth surrogacy! Deanna talks about what it’s like to carry another family’s child, how she got into surrogacy, how her own family and children feel about her doing so, and much more. Also, Shanna discusses her current struggles with her baby’s 8-month sleep regression, and Laura reports on her baby’s first trip on an airplane. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s baby is seven months and three weeks old, and Laura’s baby is six months and three weeks old.
- Grown in Another Garden* A Surrogacy Book for Young Children, as recommended by our guest, Deanna Koelsch. *affiliate link
- My Mom is a Surrogate* A children's book recommended by our guest, Deanna Koelsch. *affiliate link
- Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher* Shanna loves this thing to help mix a whole day's worth of formula at once, without it getting foamy! *affiliate link
- Moby Classic Baby Wrap* Great for plane travel! This soft, fabric wrap allows you to wear your baby through security and have your hands free. *affiliate link
- J.L. Childress Ultimate Backpack Padded Car Seat Travel Bag* This is a travel case for your car seat that fits a lot of extra stuff, like diapers and baby clothes! *affiliate link