Ep. 55: Laura Attempts Sleep Training
July 22, 2019
Laura discusses her attempt at sleep training her five-month-old baby using the Taking Cara Babies method, and Shanna talks about troubleshooting her baby’s early-morning wakings. In this week’s special segment, “They Said What?”, the new moms reveal the shocking and/or unusual things that people have said to them lately. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s baby is 27 weeks old, and Laura’s baby is 23 weeks old.
- BabyCare Reversible Play Mat (Good Dinosaur / Cute Alphabet) Get it from Bed Bath & Beyond (linked here) and you can use a 20% off coupon!
- BabyCare Reversible Play Mat (Busy Farm)* Available on Amazon as well as Bed Bath & Beyond *affiliate link
- Original Blackout Pleated Paper Shade* Laura uses these inexpensive paper shades to help black out light leaks in her nursery. *affiliate link
- Top Culprits for Early Morning Wakings From Laura's baby-sleep guru, Taking Cara Babies.
- Taking Cara Babies Online Sleep Courses* These are the online video sleep classes that are helping Laura get her baby to sleep through the night! *affiliate link
This episode's sponsors:
Peanut helps you meet like-minded moms and moms-to-be.
Peanut provides a safe space for mothers, expectant mothers and those trying to conceive to build friendships, ask questions and find support.
Visit peanut.app.link/bfp or find it on your app store.
Generate Life Sciences’ ReadyGen screens for over 200 genetic conditions that are manageable with diet, medication, or other therapies. It also analyzes your child’s response or sensitivity to over 40 medications.
As an expecting mother, you should feel empowered to advocate for yourself, and the best way to do that is to be informed. Visit protectingnewmoms.com to learn more about technology that’s available to protect against retained surgical sponges during childbirth.
Raising To Rise is a podcast about the parents, educators and mentors of kids who made it to the top of their game. Check out Season 1 on Apple Podcasts.