Ep. 40: Baby Name Shame and Nursing No-No’s
April 8, 2019
Shanna and Laura are dissed, shamed and stunned in this week’s special segment, “They Said What?!”, in which the new moms recount shocking, hilarious or offensive things people have said to them lately. Also, Laura reports on her baby’s two-month vaccinations, and Shanna talks about how her baby’s perfectly constructed sleep environment is turned on its head. Finally, the new moms reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s baby is 12 weeks old, and Laura’s baby is eight weeks old.
View this post on Instagram
In Ep. 40, Shanna tells the story of how a huge storm in LA caused her some serious parenting anxiety. Here’s video of lightning from that very storm, filmed from Laura’s front window. Sound on to hear her reaction. 😆 Anyone else dealt with wild storms while parenting? • • • #bfp #bfppodcast #parentingpodcast #podcast #podcastepisode #momlife #storm #lightning #mompodcast
- Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow* Part 1 of Laura's pregnancy pillow strategy. A.K.A. "the scrotum" pillow. *affiliate link
- PharMeDoc C-Shaped, Full-Body Pillow* Part 2 of Laura's strategy. This is the large body pillow. *affiliate link
- hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge* Part 3. This one wedges under your stomach to provide bump support. *affiliate link
- Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Knee Pillow with Adjustable & Removable Strap* Part 4. This knee pillow was essential for managing Laura's SPD pain during pregnancy. The strap was great so you could turn during sleep without readjusting. *affiliate link
- Denim Waistband Extenders* Wear your old jeans post pregnancy! *affiliate link
- Cradle Cap Comb* *affiliate link
- Mustela Cradle Cap Shampoo* *affiliate link
- How to keep a loose zipper up Such a simple hack using a spare key ring!
This episode's sponsors:
Lumi by Pampers combines an HD video monitor with a sleep sensor that automatically tracks baby’s sleep 24/7.
You can try Lumi by Pampers for 20% off by going to LumibyPampers.com, using code POSITIVE20.
Your favorite organic & non-GMO brands, plus guaranteed savings—delivered to your door.
Try Thrive Market and become a member risk-free! Go to thrivemarket.com/BFP. Join today and you’ll get up to twenty dollars in shopping credit toward your first order
When you join the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program not only do you receive up to $400 in free gifts, including formula samples, discount coupons that could be redeemed at select local retailers or online, and special rebate offers, but since Enfamil knows that every motherhood journey is unique you’ll also receive expert tips tailored to you. *Benefits may vary.
To find out why Enfamil is depended on by so many Pediatricians, and how to become a member of the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program, hurry to enfamil.com/BFP. Joining is an easy 2 step process, but to get started go to enfamil.com/BFP.