Ep. 238 – Are Kids More Creative Than Adults?
January 23, 2023
In the special segment “Internet Insanity,” Shanna and Laura share the wackiest parenting-related things they’ve come across online recently, including the surprising new trend in baby showers, a questionable study about kids and creativity and more! Also, Shanna reports on the adorably over-the-top holiday recital her four-year-old performed in, and Laura talks about her four-year-old’s first trip to the snow. Finally, they share their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s kids are 4 and 6 years old, and Laura’s kids are 3.5 years old and 22 months old.
Want to get in touch? Send us an email sign up for our monthly newsletter and follow us on social! Instagram, Facebook or TikTok. Also, join our Facebook Community Group for support and camaraderie on your parenting journey.
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey podcast is hosted by Laura Birek and Shanna Micko and produced by Laura Birek, Shanna Micko and Steve Yager.
- FeverAll Acetaminophen Suppositories* Laura found these acetaminophen suppositories very helpful for her 1 year old when he was sick with a stomach bug.
- Article about Grandma Showers by Cassie Morris. This is the article about Grandma showers that Shanna talks about in the episode.
- Tiktok from @passionland.co Tiktok about creativity in kids that Laura mentions in the show.
- Article in Scary Mommy about Grandma that ranks her grandkids by Krystal Martinez. Shanna talks about the TikTok user whose Grandma has a ranking system for her grandkids.
- TikTok from @gesikaaaaaa This video about a mom sending her son inside the house to unlock the front door impressed Laura and Shanna.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month.
A Skylight Frame will change the way your family and friends share moments! Gift or bring home the revolutionary interactive photo frame and get $15 off your purchase.
Get weekly stories from a loved one, bound in a beautiful keepsake book. Order today and get $10 off your first purchase.
Order insurance-covered breast pumps like Madela, Spectra, and Elvie right to your door from a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).