Ep. 222: Embracing Your Child’s Talents
October 3, 2022
Shanna’s three-year-old achieves a very unexpected new milestone, and Laura’s three-year-old discovers a unique talent. Also, in the special segment “Loose Ends,” Laura and Shanna follow up on past topics they left hanging in previous episodes, including whether Shanna’s daughter still has a preschool boyfriend, how Laura is handling her son’s picky eating, if they have officially prepared for their untimely deaths and more! Finally, they share their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s kids are 3.5 and 6 years old, and Laura’s kids are 3.5 years old and 19 months old.
Hosted by Laura Birek and Shanna Micko
Produced by Laura Birek, Shanna Micko and Steve Yager
- YouTube Kids Shanna and Laura love this app for curating the videos their kids watch.
- British Swim School Laura enrolled her kids in this swim school!
- Helping Your Child with Extreme Picky Eating: A Step-by-Step Guide for Overcoming Selective Eating, Food Aversion, and Feeding Disorders * by Katja Rowell MD. Laura has been reading this book to learn about how to handle Auggie's picky eating.
- Free Will Shanna used this site to create a will and trust for her and Steve.
- First Orchard* This fun, cooperative game is perfect for preschoolers!
- Class Dojo Shanna uses this app to reward her kids for positive behavior.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month.
With SewSafe™ magnetic closures, Simply Magnetic Me makes changes practically effortless. Plus, their supremely soft fabrics are cozy and sustainable! Get 20% off your order with promo code BFP.