Ep. 212: Fixing Toddler Sleep Troubles
July 25, 2022
Shanna discusses the dramatic trip her family took for her birthday, and Laura reports on her success fixing her three-year-old’s sleep troubles. Also, the new special segment “Super Moms,” Laura and Shanna share stories of moms doing jaw-dropping things, including two unbelievable birth stories, a confrontation with a predator and more! Finally they share their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s kids are 3 and 6 years old, and Laura’s kids are 3 years old and 16 months old.
Hosted by Laura Birek and Shanna Micko
Produced by Laura Birek, Shanna Micko and Steve Yager
- Independent Sleep Workshop: A Feel-Good Approach This is Dr. Becky's sleep workshop that Laura used to help fix Auggie's sleep issues. She highly recommends it!!
- Sleep Button* Laura used this recordable talking button to make a "Sleep Button" for Auggie at bedtime.
- "How Dr. Becky Became the Millennial Parenting Whisperer" by Doree Shafrir. Laura references this article in the episode. The article includes a discussion of Dr. Becky's development of a sleep button for small children.
- "She Was Going Into Labor. But She Had a Bar Exam to Finish." by Heather Murphy. This New York Times article profiles our first "Super Mom," Brianna Hill, who gave birth while finishing her bar exam.
- "Woman delivers her own baby on the side of the road while her kids wait in the car" by Rachel Paula Abrahamson. This Today article describes how our second "Super Mom," Heather Skaats, gave birth on the side of the road while her children waited in the car.
- @DaleyWalk on Instagram This Instagram account follows our third "Super Mom," Marketa Daley, and her husband David as they hike the Pacific Crest Trail with three children under six.
- Mom saves goose from eagle while breastfeeding This video from our fourth "Super Mom," Cait Oakley, aka @therealmommagoose, on TikTok, is magnificent on so many levels.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month. ?
Get the full studio experience at home with thousands of classes for body, mind, and spirit. Get 30 days free and 50% off an annual membership with code BFP (case sensitive).