Ep. 187: How to Donate Breast Milk
January 31, 2022
Shanna and Laura talk with Stephanie Lehman, Ph.D., from the University of California Health Milk Bank, where Laura is donating her breast milk, about how the milk bank got started, why breast milk donation is important, how a donor can get involved and more! Also, Laura wonders if her 11-month-old is officially a walker now, and Shanna bemoans her family’s out-of-control dinner routine. Finally, they share their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s kids are 3 and 5 years old, and Laura’s kids are 2.5 years old and 11 months old.
- University of California Health Milk Bank Visit the UC Health Milk Bank to learn about breast milk donation.
- UC Health Milk Bank Instagram Follow the UC Health Milk Bank on Instagram!
- Spidey and His Amazing Friends Laura's son loves this cute show on Disney+.
- @ParentingCoach on TikTok Laura likes this TikTok account and talks in this episode about some good advice she got recently from the account.
- Saalt Menstrual Cup* This is the menstrual cup Shanna talks about in this episode.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month.
Get the full studio experience at home with thousands of classes for body, mind, and spirit. Get 30 days free and 50% off an annual membership with code BFP (case sensitive).
Get weekly stories from a loved one, bound in a beautiful keepsake book. Order today and get $10 off your first purchase.