Ep. 168: Transitioning Your Toddler from Crib to Bed
September 20, 2021
In the special segment “Checkin’ the Inbox,” Laura and Shanna answer listener questions about everything from postpartum depression, to solid foods, to c-sections and vaginal births and more! Also, Shanna talks about her two-year-old’s transition out of the crib and into a big bed, and Laura discusses the intrusive thoughts that plagued her after her kids got Covid. Finally, they share their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s kids are 2.5 and 5 years old, and Laura’s kids are 2.5 years old and 6 months old.
- Happy As a Mother Podcast Hosted by Erica Djossa. This podcast helped Laura understand and deal with her intrusive thoughts, which she talks about in this week's episode.
- Heavyweight Podcast Hosted by Jonathan Goldstein. This is one of Laura and Shanna's favorite podcasts!
- Ear Hustle Podcast Hosted by Nigel Poor and Earlonne Woods. Shanna loves this storytelling podcast about the daily realities of life inside prison shared by those living it, and stories from the outside, post-incarceration.
- Outside Podcast From PRX. Laura loves this show about stories from the great outdoors.
- Maintenance Phase Podcast Hosted by Michael Hobbes and Aubrey Gordon. One of Laura's favorite pods, in which the hosts debunk the junk science behind health & wellness fads, and decode their cultural meaning.
- You're Wrong About Podcast Hosted by Michael Hobbes & Sarah Marshall. Shanna loves this funny and informative show, in which the hosts reconsider a person or event that's been miscast in the public imagination.
- Why Won't You Date Me? Podcast Hosted by Nicole Byer. Shanna loves this hilarious show, in which the host tries to answer the question of why she is perpetually single.
- Don't Ask Tig Hosted by Tig Notaro. A fun interview podcast with one of Shanna and Laura's favorite comedians, Tig Notaro.
- Milk Minute Podcast Hosted by Heather O'Neal and Maureen Farrell. Laura loves this show, which is all about raw, witty, evidence-based breastfeeding education!
- Uncrustables Sandwich Maker* Shanna's BFP this week is perfect for kiddos who hate crust on their sandwiches!
- How to Make Homemade Giant Bubbles that will Blow your Mind This post from Happy Hooligans helped Laura make giant bubbles for her two-year-old!
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month. ?
Get the full studio experience at home with thousands of classes for body, mind, and spirit. Get 30 days free and 50% off an annual membership with code BFP (case sensitive).