Ep. 167: New Mom’s Survival Guide – Interview with Dr. Mona
September 13, 2021
Shanna and Laura interview pediatrician Dr. Mona Amin from PedsDocTalk about how new parents can reduce their anxiety about topics such as baby weight percentiles, sleep training, reflux and more! Also, Laura reports on her two-year-old’s first day of preschool, and Shanna talks about her five-year-old’s first day of kindergarten. Finally, they share their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s kids are 2.5 and 5 years old, and Laura’s kids are 2.5 years old and 6 months old.
- Dr. Mona Amin's Website Learn all about this week's guest Dr. Mona and her "New Mom's Survival Guide" here!
- Dr. Mona's Instagram Follow Dr. Mona on Instagram!
- The Invisible String* by Patrice Karst and Joanne Lew-Vriethoff. Laura loves this book and used it to help her son prepare for the separation of going to preschool for the first time.
- The Kissing Hand* by Audrey Penn. Laura and her family love this sweet book, which they used to help her son prepare for the separation of going to preschool for the first time.
- Preschool, Here I Come!* by D.J. Steinberg and John Joven. Shanna loves this book, which she bought for her daughter to get ready for preschool.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month. ?
Get the full studio experience at home with thousands of classes for body, mind, and spirit. Get 30 days free and 50% off an annual membership with code BFP (case sensitive).