Ep. 166: Sleep Training and Night Weaning
September 6, 2021
Laura talks about her attempt at sleep training her six-month-old baby and reports on the process of weaning him from nighttime feedings, and Shanna discusses her two-year-old’s new fickle phase. Also, in the segment “Today I Learned,” Shanna and Laura dive into the fascinating topics of sperm kings, morbid poison, the Virgin Mary and hydrotherapy. Finally, they share their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 2.5 years old, and Laura’s toddler is 2.5 years old. Laura’s baby is 6 months old.
- Playtex Sipsters 360 Cups* Shanna loves these non-spill cups as a cleaner and easier alternative to the Munchkin 360 cups.
- "The Sperm Kings Have a Problem: Too Much Demand" By Nellie Bowles. Article in the New York Times about the "sperm kings" that Laura talks about in this weeks ep
- "In 1850, Ignaz Semmelweis Saved Lives With Three Words: Wash Your Hands" Article on PBS.org about the doctor who saved maternal lives with this now-common-sense advice, which Shanna discusses on the episode.
- The Lactation of St. Bernard Article and images about the saint who got his wisdom from the Virgin Mary's breast milk, which Laura talks about on the show.
- Hydrotherapy for Babies This article from DuJour.com talks about the new trend of baby spas that offer water therapy for infants, which Shanna talks about in this week's episode.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month. ?
Get the full studio experience at home with thousands of classes for body, mind, and spirit. Get 30 days free and 50% off an annual membership with code BFP (case sensitive).