Ep. 163: Mom Hacks for Breastfeeding, Toddler Cooperation and More!
August 16, 2021
In the segment “What the Hack?” Laura and Shanna share their favorite mom hacks, including several need-to-know breastfeeding tips, a super trick to get toddlers to cooperate while washing their hands and more! Also, Laura reports on her baby’s first week in his plagiocephaly helmet, and Shanna talks about her toddler’s appetite slump. Finally, they share their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 2.5 years old, and Laura’s toddler is 2.5 years old. Laura’s baby is 5 months old.
- Toddler Appetite Slump Shanna talks about how her 2.5 year old hasn't been eating very much lately and is in an appetite slump.
- "One Up, One Down" Nursing Method Laura demonstrates the "one up, one down" nursing method that she talks about on the show.
- Waterproof Fold-up Picnic Blanket* Shanna loves bringing a fold-up picnic blanket everywhere she goes with the kids, especially the playground, so you always have a place to sit!
- How to Hand-Express Breast Milk Laura recommends this resource from Stanford, which educates people on how to hand express breast milk.
- Intex Above-Ground Pool* Shanna loves this above-ground pool and talks about it as her BFP for the week!
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month.
With SewSafe™ magnetic closures, Simply Magnetic Me makes changes practically effortless. Plus, their supremely soft fabrics are cozy and sustainable! Get 20% off your order with promo code BFP.