Ep. 132: What Happens During a C-Section
January 11, 2021
Laura and Shanna dive into the fascinating worlds of c-section surgery, practice babies, embryo adoption and more in this week’s special segment “Today I Learned.” Also, Laura reports on a cookie-baking activity gone wrong, and Shanna describes her toddler’s second birthday party and 2-year check up at the pediatrician. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 2 years old, and Laura’s toddler is 23 months old. Laura is 31 weeks pregnant.
- Playdough C-Section Surgery This surgical reenactment was made for by a mom for her 4-year-old son, and it taught Shanna everything she never knew about her c-section.
- "Practice Babies: An Outdated Practice, Rediscovered" Laura talks about this outdated practice that lasted form 1919-1969 on college campuses.
- "Matchy-Matchy Delivery Room Decor Is a Thing Now" This article showcases the most opulent delivery-room-decor offerings.
- "Baby Girl Born from Record-Setting 27-Year-Old Embryo" This record-breaking miracle baby entered the world healthy and happy in December 2020.
- "Mister Rogers Had a Simple Set of Rules for Talking to Children" by Maxwell King. King writes about Mr. Roger's deep understanding of children and how to communicate with them.
- Auden Women's Briefs Underwear Shanna loves this affordable pack of comfortable cotton underwear.
- Fruit of the Loom Women's Seamless Low-Rise Briefs Underwear. Shanna loves these soft, comfy nylon underwear.
This episode's sponsors:
Peanut helps you meet like-minded moms and moms-to-be.
Peanut provides a safe space for mothers, expectant mothers and those trying to conceive to build friendships, ask questions and find support.
Visit peanut.app.link/bfp or find it on your app store.
Generate Life Sciences’ ReadyGen screens for over 200 genetic conditions that are manageable with diet, medication, or other therapies. It also analyzes your child’s response or sensitivity to over 40 medications.
As an expecting mother, you should feel empowered to advocate for yourself, and the best way to do that is to be informed. Visit protectingnewmoms.com to learn more about technology that’s available to protect against retained surgical sponges during childbirth.
Raising To Rise is a podcast about the parents, educators and mentors of kids who made it to the top of their game. Check out Season 1 on Apple Podcasts.