Ep. 132: What Happens During a C-Section
January 11, 2021
Laura and Shanna dive into the fascinating worlds of c-section surgery, practice babies, embryo adoption and more in this week’s special segment “Today I Learned.” Also, Laura reports on a cookie-baking activity gone wrong, and Shanna describes her toddler’s second birthday party and 2-year check up at the pediatrician. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 2 years old, and Laura’s toddler is 23 months old. Laura is 31 weeks pregnant.
- Playdough C-Section Surgery This surgical reenactment was made for by a mom for her 4-year-old son, and it taught Shanna everything she never knew about her c-section.
- "Practice Babies: An Outdated Practice, Rediscovered" Laura talks about this outdated practice that lasted form 1919-1969 on college campuses.
- "Matchy-Matchy Delivery Room Decor Is a Thing Now" This article showcases the most opulent delivery-room-decor offerings.
- "Baby Girl Born from Record-Setting 27-Year-Old Embryo" This record-breaking miracle baby entered the world healthy and happy in December 2020.
- "Mister Rogers Had a Simple Set of Rules for Talking to Children" by Maxwell King. King writes about Mr. Roger's deep understanding of children and how to communicate with them.
- Auden Women's Briefs Underwear Shanna loves this affordable pack of comfortable cotton underwear.
- Fruit of the Loom Women's Seamless Low-Rise Briefs Underwear. Shanna loves these soft, comfy nylon underwear.
This episode's sponsors:
Engage your brain with fun puzzles and collect tons of cute characters. Trust us, with over 100 million downloads, this 5-star rated mobile puzzle game is a must play!