Ep. 118: You Asked. We Answered!
October 5, 2020
In the segment “Checkin’ the Inbox” Shanna and Laura answer listener questions about everything from sleep loss, to sore boobs, to hemorrhoids during pregnancy and more! Also, Laura reports on her unexpected reaction to people commenting on her pregnant belly and reveals her shocking decision about her toddler’s screen time, and Shanna talks about her toddler’s out-of-control biting behavior and budding sense of humor. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 20 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 20 months old. Laura is 17 weeks pregnant.
- Toddler Teether* Laura loves this teether that helps soothe those back molars.
- Green Toys Dump Truck* This truck is beloved by Laura's toddler!
- Green Toys Tea Set* This tea set has been a favorite with Shanna's girls for years.
- Elevating Child Care* by Janet Lansbury. Shanna and Laura's go-to resource for raising babies using the RIE method
- Your Self-Confident Baby* by Magda Gerber. The original resource on the RIE parenting philosophy.
- Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE) website The official RIE website.
- Inglesina Fast Table Chair* Portable chair that attaches to most tables.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Peanut helps you meet like-minded moms and moms-to-be.
Peanut provides a safe space for mothers, expectant mothers and those trying to conceive to build friendships, ask questions and find support.
Visit peanut.app.link/bfp or find it on your app store.
Generate Life Sciences’ ReadyGen screens for over 200 genetic conditions that are manageable with diet, medication, or other therapies. It also analyzes your child’s response or sensitivity to over 40 medications.
As an expecting mother, you should feel empowered to advocate for yourself, and the best way to do that is to be informed. Visit protectingnewmoms.com to learn more about technology that’s available to protect against retained surgical sponges during childbirth.
Raising To Rise is a podcast about the parents, educators and mentors of kids who made it to the top of their game. Check out Season 1 on Apple Podcasts.