Ep. 118: You Asked. We Answered!
October 5, 2020
In the segment “Checkin’ the Inbox” Shanna and Laura answer listener questions about everything from sleep loss, to sore boobs, to hemorrhoids during pregnancy and more! Also, Laura reports on her unexpected reaction to people commenting on her pregnant belly and reveals her shocking decision about her toddler’s screen time, and Shanna talks about her toddler’s out-of-control biting behavior and budding sense of humor. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 20 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 20 months old. Laura is 17 weeks pregnant.
- Toddler Teether* Laura loves this teether that helps soothe those back molars.
- Green Toys Dump Truck* This truck is beloved by Laura's toddler!
- Green Toys Tea Set* This tea set has been a favorite with Shanna's girls for years.
- Elevating Child Care* by Janet Lansbury. Shanna and Laura's go-to resource for raising babies using the RIE method
- Your Self-Confident Baby* by Magda Gerber. The original resource on the RIE parenting philosophy.
- Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE) website The official RIE website.
- Inglesina Fast Table Chair* Portable chair that attaches to most tables.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month.
With SewSafe™ magnetic closures, Simply Magnetic Me makes changes practically effortless. Plus, their supremely soft fabrics are cozy and sustainable! Get 20% off your order with promo code BFP.
Order insurance-covered breast pumps like Madela, Spectra, and Elvie right to your door from a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).