Ep. 116: Plus-Size Pregnancy with Jen McLellan
September 21, 2020
Shanna and Laura talk with the founder of Plus Size Birth and host of the Plus Mommy Podcast, Jen McLellan, about the challenges plus-size people face when pregnant, her journey to becoming an advocate for plus-size pregnancy, advice on finding body-positive care providers and more!
You can find Jen and all her resources at https://plussizebirth.com Also, Laura reports on feeling baby kicks much earlier in her second pregnancy than in her first, and Shanna talks about her toddler’s favorite new early 1990s songs to sing. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 20 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 19 months old. Laura is 15 weeks pregnant.
- Plus Size Birth Amazing resource for those having a plus size pregnancy or trying to conceive. Run by Jen McLellan, author, childbirth educator and founder of the Plus Mommy blog.
- Plus Mommy Jen McLellan's podcast about plus size pregnancy, motherhood and body love.
- Featherweight Reacher* Never bend down to pick up a toy again!
- Toddler Life Vest* This lightweight life vest is coast guard approved.
- Beach Tent* On your next trip to the beach, you'll be made in the shade with this beach tent.
- Beach Toys* Your little one will have a creative day at the beach with these fun toys.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month.
With SewSafe™ magnetic closures, Simply Magnetic Me makes changes practically effortless. Plus, their supremely soft fabrics are cozy and sustainable! Get 20% off your order with promo code BFP.