Ep. 115: Why Is My Toddler Biting People?
September 14, 2020
In the segment “Mom Confessions,” Laura and Shanna divulge some of their deepest, darkest, most hilarious mom secrets, as they dive into the topics of dirty diapers, lying to toddlers, forbidden pregnancy foods and more! Also, Shanna discusses her toddler’s new habit of biting people, and Laura talks about trying to stop the medication she’s taking for her morning sickness. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 20 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 19 months old. Laura is 14 weeks pregnant.
- Intex Above-Ground Pool* Easy to set up. Hard for your kids to stop playing in!
- Article About Accidentally Tanned Baby Don't forget to let your spray tan dry before breastfeeding your baby!
- "Oh Crap!" Potty Training Book* This book outlines a 6-step plan to help you toilet train your little ones. By Jamie Glowack, the Pied Piper of Poop.
- Article About Diastasis Recti Learn what it is and how to treat it in this article from Parents.com.
- Emily Oster's Take on Foods to Avoid During Pregnancy Evidence-based advice on whether it's okay to consume sushi, coffee, alcohol and more during pregnancy.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Peanut helps you meet like-minded moms and moms-to-be.
Peanut provides a safe space for mothers, expectant mothers and those trying to conceive to build friendships, ask questions and find support.
Visit peanut.app.link/bfp or find it on your app store.
Generate Life Sciences’ ReadyGen screens for over 200 genetic conditions that are manageable with diet, medication, or other therapies. It also analyzes your child’s response or sensitivity to over 40 medications.
As an expecting mother, you should feel empowered to advocate for yourself, and the best way to do that is to be informed. Visit protectingnewmoms.com to learn more about technology that’s available to protect against retained surgical sponges during childbirth.
Raising To Rise is a podcast about the parents, educators and mentors of kids who made it to the top of their game. Check out Season 1 on Apple Podcasts.