Ep. 112: Is Laura’s Baby a Boy or Girl?
August 24, 2020
Laura reports on the results of her NIPT test, including the sex of her new baby! She also talks about experiencing an unusual side effect of early pregnancy that caught her by surprise. Shanna discusses spontaneously transitioning her 19-month-old to a toddler bed and bemoans her daughter’s new 5:00 a.m. wake ups. Also, in the special segment “Internet Insanity,” the moms report on hilarious and questionable TikToks as well as some very uncool Facebook algorithmic behavior. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 19 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 18 months old. Laura is 11 weeks pregnant.
View this post on Instagram
Cuddle challenge! This week on the BFP podcast (ep 112), Laura and Shanna talk about the baby-related TikTok trends they’ve come across recently. Here’s Laura doing the cuddle challenge with her toddler. We want to see your cuddle challenge vids! • #cuddlechallenge #bfp #bfppodcast #toddler #toddlerlife #pregnant #ttc #tryingtoconceive #parentingpodcast #momlife #newparents #newmomlife #mommyblogger #mompodcast #mompodcasters #podcast #mama #momma #mom #funnymoms #pregnancypodcast #momsofinstagram #bigfatpositive
View this post on Instagram
Shanna’s cuddle challenge! (Or maybe we should call it the “Get outta my way, hold my milk, kick ya in the face challenge.”) Oh toddlers… 😂 • This week on the BFP podcast (ep 112), Laura and Shanna talk about the baby-related TikTok trends they’ve come across recently. We want to see your cuddle challenge vids! • #cuddlechallenge #bfp #bfppodcast #toddler #toddlerlife #pregnant #ttc #tryingtoconceive #parentingpodcast #momlife #newparents #newmomlife #mommyblogger #mompodcast #mompodcasters #podcast #mama #momma #mom #funnymoms #pregnancypodcast #momsofinstagram #bigfatpositive
- What to Do If You’re Pregnant and Can’t Pee at Night from a woman named Jenn who had the same problem as Laura!
- Babycenter thread about Urine Retention Another helpful resource if you can't pee for some reason during your 1st trimester
- Sleek Socket Ultra-Thin Child Proofing Outlet Cover* This acts as a outlet cover AND extension cord. Super useful for baby-proofing.
- CuddleChallenge Videos Adorable and hilarious TikTok trend.
- Flashing Babies Challenge What happens when moms show their boobs to their breastfed babies?
- Spilling water on babies TikTok Compilation Janet Lansbury would not approve.
- Descanso Gardens Fantastic botanical gardens in the Los Angeles area.
- Kinetic Sand* Mesmerizing play sand!
- DIY Oobleck Just a combination of corn starch and water, this creates a fun sensory experience for kids.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
When you join the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program not only do you receive up to $400 in free gifts, including formula samples, discount coupons that could be redeemed at select local retailers or online, and special rebate offers, but since Enfamil knows that every motherhood journey is unique you’ll also receive expert tips tailored to you. *Benefits may vary.
To find out why Enfamil is depended on by so many Pediatricians, and how to become a member of the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program, hurry to enfamil.com/BFP. Joining is an easy 2 step process, but to get started go to enfamil.com/BFP.
Peanut helps you meet like-minded moms and moms-to-be.
Peanut provides a safe space for mothers, expectant mothers and those trying to conceive to build friendships, ask questions and find support.
Visit peanut.app.link/bfp or find it on your app store.
Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licenced, professional therapists in a safe online environment. As a listener, you’ll get 10% off your first month by visiting betterhelp.com/bfp
ReadyGen screens for over 200 genetic conditions that are manageable with diet, medication, or other therapies. It also analyzes your child’s response or sensitivity to over 40 medications.