Ep. 112: Is Laura’s Baby a Boy or Girl?
August 24, 2020
Laura reports on the results of her NIPT test, including the sex of her new baby! She also talks about experiencing an unusual side effect of early pregnancy that caught her by surprise. Shanna discusses spontaneously transitioning her 19-month-old to a toddler bed and bemoans her daughter’s new 5:00 a.m. wake ups. Also, in the special segment “Internet Insanity,” the moms report on hilarious and questionable TikToks as well as some very uncool Facebook algorithmic behavior. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 19 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 18 months old. Laura is 11 weeks pregnant.
- What to Do If You’re Pregnant and Can’t Pee at Night from a woman named Jenn who had the same problem as Laura!
- Babycenter thread about Urine Retention Another helpful resource if you can't pee for some reason during your 1st trimester
- Sleek Socket Ultra-Thin Child Proofing Outlet Cover* This acts as a outlet cover AND extension cord. Super useful for baby-proofing.
- CuddleChallenge Videos Adorable and hilarious TikTok trend.
- Flashing Babies Challenge What happens when moms show their boobs to their breastfed babies?
- Spilling water on babies TikTok Compilation Janet Lansbury would not approve.
- Descanso Gardens Fantastic botanical gardens in the Los Angeles area.
- Kinetic Sand* Mesmerizing play sand!
- DIY Oobleck Just a combination of corn starch and water, this creates a fun sensory experience for kids.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Engage your brain with fun puzzles and collect tons of cute characters. Trust us, with over 100 million downloads, this 5-star rated mobile puzzle game is a must play!
Get the proven learn-to-read program kids love to use with a special discount for BFP listeners by visiting hookedonphonics.com/bfp.