Ep. 107: The Struggles and Snuggles of Toddler Separation Anxiety
July 20, 2020
Shanna talks about the ups and downs involved in her toddler’s most recent bouts of separation anxiety and sleep regression. Laura reports on her toddler’s new ability to retell his favorite books and their fun adventure playing in the river in Fresno. In the special segment, “It Takes a Village,” Laura and Shanna ask for listener help with their latest parenting conundrums, including bedtime tantrums and boring mealtimes. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 18 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 17 months old.
- Good Night, Gorilla* by Peggy Rathmann
- I Want My Hat Back* By Jon Klassen
- Elephant & Piggie: The Complete Collection* By Mo Willems.
- The Pigeon Books 7-Book Set* By Mo Willems.
- Sposie Overnight Diaper Booster Pads* Laura uses these to help keep her toddler free of leaks overnight. They come in sizes from newborn to 5T.
- Rachel Ray's Turkey Chipotle Chili Laura found this recipe a million years ago, and has used it as a dinner go-to ever since.
- Scunci Girl No Damage Polyband Elastics* These are great little hair elastics for tiny toddler pigtails
- Five Easy Ways to Cut Mango YouTube knows everything
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Peanut helps you meet like-minded moms and moms-to-be.
Peanut provides a safe space for mothers, expectant mothers and those trying to conceive to build friendships, ask questions and find support.
Visit peanut.app.link/bfp or find it on your app store.
Generate Life Sciences’ ReadyGen screens for over 200 genetic conditions that are manageable with diet, medication, or other therapies. It also analyzes your child’s response or sensitivity to over 40 medications.
As an expecting mother, you should feel empowered to advocate for yourself, and the best way to do that is to be informed. Visit protectingnewmoms.com to learn more about technology that’s available to protect against retained surgical sponges during childbirth.
Raising To Rise is a podcast about the parents, educators and mentors of kids who made it to the top of their game. Check out Season 1 on Apple Podcasts.