Ep. 102: Tips for Toddler Mealtime
June 15, 2020
Laura reports on her recent use of Ellyn Satter’s philosophy of feeding children and talks about the effect it’s had on her vegetable-ignoring toddler. Shanna discusses her 17-month-old’s newfound assertiveness and sound-effect skills that indicate her toddler may have a future as a foley artist. Also, in the segment “Today I Learned,” Shanna and Laura share some fun facts about vaginas, royal births and kangaroos. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 17 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 16 months old.
- Hello Magazine Cute baby magazine from the makers of Highlights
- Feeding Littles Great resource for advice on what and how to feed your babies and toddlers without body shame.
- Kangoo Birth Video from National Geographic. The size of a jelly bean!
- Kangaroos have 3 vaginas You heard it here first, folks.
- Why Royal Women Gave Birth in Front of Huge Crowds for Centuries Yiiiiiiikes!
- Ellyn Satter's Division of Responsibility Really great philosophy on how to feed your kids.
- Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family: How to Eat, How to Raise Good Eaters, How to Cook* Book by Ellyn Satter
- Two Types of Tantrums: How to Tell the Difference from Positive Parenting Solutions
- This is why your child can’t actually ‘calm down’ during a tantrum from Motherly
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind* by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month.
Get the full studio experience at home with thousands of classes for body, mind, and spirit. Get 30 days free with code BFP (case sensitive).