Ep. 102: Tips for Toddler Mealtime
June 15, 2020
Laura reports on her recent use of Ellyn Satter’s philosophy of feeding children and talks about the effect it’s had on her vegetable-ignoring toddler. Shanna discusses her 17-month-old’s newfound assertiveness and sound-effect skills that indicate her toddler may have a future as a foley artist. Also, in the segment “Today I Learned,” Shanna and Laura share some fun facts about vaginas, royal births and kangaroos. Finally, they reveal their BFPs and BFNs for the week. Shanna’s toddler is 17 months old, and Laura’s toddler is 16 months old.
- Hello Magazine Cute baby magazine from the makers of Highlights
- Feeding Littles Great resource for advice on what and how to feed your babies and toddlers without body shame.
- Kangoo Birth Video from National Geographic. The size of a jelly bean!
- Kangaroos have 3 vaginas You heard it here first, folks.
- Why Royal Women Gave Birth in Front of Huge Crowds for Centuries Yiiiiiiikes!
- Ellyn Satter's Division of Responsibility Really great philosophy on how to feed your kids.
- Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family: How to Eat, How to Raise Good Eaters, How to Cook* Book by Ellyn Satter
- Two Types of Tantrums: How to Tell the Difference from Positive Parenting Solutions
- This is why your child can’t actually ‘calm down’ during a tantrum from Motherly
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind* by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
ReadyGen screens for over 200 genetic conditions that are manageable with diet, medication, or other therapies. It also analyzes your child’s response or sensitivity to over 40 medications.
As an expecting mother, you should feel empowered to advocate for yourself, and the best way to do that is to be informed. Visit protectingnewmoms.com to learn more about technology that’s available to protect against retained surgical sponges during childbirth.
When you join the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program not only do you receive up to $400 in free gifts, including formula samples, discount coupons that could be redeemed at select local retailers or online, and special rebate offers, but since Enfamil knows that every motherhood journey is unique you’ll also receive expert tips tailored to you. *Benefits may vary.
To find out why Enfamil is depended on by so many Pediatricians, and how to become a member of the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program, hurry to enfamil.com/BFP. Joining is an easy 2 step process, but to get started go to enfamil.com/BFP.