Bonus: Momming During Coronavirus
March 14, 2020
Laura and Shanna come to you in real time with a special bonus episode about parenting during a pandemic. The spread of coronavirus and subsequent COVID-19 has shut down schools, workplaces, large events and more in Los Angeles, where Shanna and Laura live, and they discuss what it’s been like in the last few days to be a mom to small children during one of the most unusual times in their lives. They also share several BFPs that have arisen amidst the chaos of the last week.
View this post on Instagram
Bonus episode out today – “Momming During Coronavirus” • Laura’s toddler entertained himself yesterday by emptying kitchen drawers since it’s raining in LA and basically everything is cancelled because of the pandemic. • In our bonus episode, we come to you in real time to talk about how we are dealing with this outbreak while having small kids. We also share some great BFPs we’ve encountered amidst the chaos. Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your pods. • #coronavirus #covid #covid_19 #13monthsold #14monthsold #toddler #toddlerlife #bfp #bfppodcast #parentingpodcast #parenting #momlife #momlifebelike #womenpodcasters #cutebaby #pregnancyjourney #pregnancypodcast #parentingjourney #mommyblogger #bigfatpositive #bigfatpositivepodcast #mompodcast #mompodcasters #podcast #funnymoms
- Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch
- Raddish Kids Is Offering 10,000 Free Cooking Kits To Families Affected By School Closings
- Sweet Potato Music Offering online music classes for ages 0-5!
- You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus Article from The Atlantic that made Laura take action early.
- Flatten the Curve Great resource for information on how to stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak. Updated daily.
- 1-2-3 Magic: 3-Step Discipline for Calm, Effective, and Happy Parenting* Shanna loves this book for ideas on how to discipline her kids. *affiliate link
- Raising Lions* Book about compassionate discipline for kids that Shanna's trying out with her older daughter. *affiliate link
This episode's sponsors:
When you join the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program not only do you receive up to $400 in free gifts, including formula samples, discount coupons that could be redeemed at select local retailers or online, and special rebate offers, but since Enfamil knows that every motherhood journey is unique you’ll also receive expert tips tailored to you. *Benefits may vary.
To find out why Enfamil is depended on by so many Pediatricians, and how to become a member of the Enfamil Family Beginnings® program, hurry to enfamil.com/BFP. Joining is an easy 2 step process, but to get started go to enfamil.com/BFP.
Peanut helps you meet like-minded moms and moms-to-be.
Peanut provides a safe space for mothers, expectant mothers and those trying to conceive to build friendships, ask questions and find support.
Visit peanut.app.link/bfp or find it on your app store.
Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licenced, professional therapists in a safe online environment. As a listener, you’ll get 10% off your first month by visiting betterhelp.com/bfp
ReadyGen screens for over 200 genetic conditions that are manageable with diet, medication, or other therapies. It also analyzes your child’s response or sensitivity to over 40 medications.