Bonus: How to Stay Calm in the Chaos of COVID-19
July 9, 2020
In part nine of their “Momming During Coronavirus” bonus series, Shanna and Laura interview meditation expert, IVF warrior and mother of five Josephine Atluri, who shares her wisdom about how to find your calm in the swirl of coronavirus chaos. She explains the importance of self-care and taking time to breathe, she gives tips on how to stay centered while parenting during the pandemic, and she offers advice to people whose fertility journeys have been delayed or derailed by COVID-19. Also, Shanna reports on her experience getting a COVID test, and Laura talks about recently expanding her quarantine bubble. They also share several BFPs that have arisen amidst the chaos of the last few weeks. It’s been 16 weeks since the coronavirus pandemic has shut down schools, workplaces and all non-essential businesses in Los Angeles, where Shanna and Laura live.
- Josephine Atluri's Website Sign up for her newsletter to get access to free meditation sessions and more!
- Josephine Atluri's Instagram
- UTEX Astronaut Tunnel and Tent* Really cute and fun play tent and tunnel system that collapses down for easy storage
- Marine Layer Masks Shanna's favorite cloth masks
- The Pessimists Archive Great podcast episode about the good that can come from a pandemic.
(*denotes affiliate link)
This episode's sponsors:
Big Fat Positive: A Pregnancy and Parenting Journey is sponsored by BetterHelp. Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. BetterHelp connects people with licensed, professional therapists in a safe online environment. BFP listeners get 10% off their first month. ?
Get the full studio experience at home with thousands of classes for body, mind, and spirit. Get 30 days free and 50% off an annual membership with code BFP (case sensitive).